USC v. Nebraska

johnb21

Oh I thought this was going to be about USC. In what bizzaro universe do people actually call South Carolina USC? USC is USC. Why would you want to associate with such douchebaggery?

Our university was established AND played football well before Southern Cal. Part of their douchebaggery is stealing the USC from us. We have ALWAYS called South Carolina USC, and here on the east coast when someone says USC, no one thinks of the Lane Kiffin operated remedial football program. Thank you for listening :)

sorry but ask anyone outside the east coast area and nobody thinks of South Carolina as USC.

It's a good thing he said on the east coast then, isn't it?

even then i have doubts as far as football. also being more relevant than the last couple of years too would help.

Oh I thought this was going to be about USC. In what bizzaro universe do people actually call South Carolina USC? USC is USC. Why would you want to associate with such douchebaggery?

Our university was established AND played football well before Southern Cal. Part of their douchebaggery is stealing the USC from us. We have ALWAYS called South Carolina USC, and here on the east coast when someone says USC, no one thinks of the Lane Kiffin operated remedial football program. Thank you for listening :)

sorry but ask anyone outside the east coast area and nobody thinks of South Carolina as USC.

Sort of agree but I do relate USC to South Carolina as well. It depends on the context. I think we can get used to it for the next month since it is apparent. I'm used to that sort of thing though. Our local University of Northern Colorado goes by UNC and we all know who comes to mind first there. I doubt either USC fanbase correlates UNC with anyone other than North Carolina. I'm good with anything that detracts from the abomination that is SoCal.

Well North Carolina also has a pretty good basketball program too.

I think the USC thing is to Gamecocks fans what NU is to Husker fans. To the Big Ten and most of the nation, NU is and will always be Northwestern. But we aren't giving it up. To the nation and most anyone outside of SEC country/neighboring states, USC means Southern Cal, but the Gamecocks aren't going to stop calling themselves USC, either.

At least South Carolina isn't pulling an Iowa State and blatantly copying Southern Cal's uniforms:

uscisu.jpg

I think the USC thing is to Gamecocks fans what NU is to Husker fans. To the Big Ten and most of the nation, NU is and will always be Northwestern. But we aren't giving it up. To the nation and most anyone outside of SEC country/neighboring states, USC means Southern Cal, but the Gamecocks aren't going to stop calling themselves USC, either.

At least South Carolina isn't pulling an Iowa State and blatantly copying Southern Cal's uniforms:

uscisu.jpg

I stick to SC when referring to South Carolina anyways. The whole "USC" thing doesn't really bother me unless someone goes to a SC related forum and says that it's fU$C. That's just trolling.

:ahhhhhhhh

Let us compromise then. USCe will refer to USC east coast, USCw refers to the abomination on the west coast. Honestly, I think USCe and USCw should have to play a game, winner get's the rights to being called USC. I think USCe is 2-0 against USCw

Hello Huskers, The GAMECOCKS are here! To open, thanks to all of the great people in Omaha for being nice to our repeat National Champion Baseball teams. I know a lot of USC fans who had great things to say about the hospitality. I couldn't be happier to see that our team is playing y'all in the Cap One Bowl. This should be a really great matchup and trip to Orlando. Statistically we both matchup well with each other, we both focus on the rush more than the pass, both have duel threat qb's, and we both have top tier defenses.

http://web1.ncaa.org...div=IA&site=org

Side note: can we get this whole banned word thing worked out? At least for the next several weeks, it would help if we could write "C o c k,

C o c k s, or C o c k t a s t i c."

I'm good with those first 2 words but I don't think there is any need/desire to be able to use cocktastic. ^_^

edit- dang it works......

:lol: Just wait, it'll catch on!

How about the work "reCOCKulous....i used that word fairly often...it is apart of my vocabulary since we're on this gamecock verbage discussion

Let us compromise then. USCe will refer to USC east coast, USCw refers to the abomination on the west coast. Honestly, I think USCe and USCw should have to play a game, winner get's the rights to being called USC. I think USCe is 2-0 against USCw

How about we just don't ever refer to Southern California at all, ever? I'd be fine with that. Cheatin' @#!@%#$'s :D

How about we just don't ever refer to Southern California at all, ever? I'd be fine with that. Cheatin' @#!@%#$'s :D

I second that. Motion to pass. I!

uscisu.jpg

I stick to SC when referring to South Carolina anyways. The whole "USC" thing doesn't really bother me unless someone goes to a SC related forum and says that it's fU$C. That's just trolling.

uscisu.jpg

Actually we are 1-1 against them. We won the last meeting and have a total-points edge in the combined scores. The-School-That-Must-Not-Be-Named (by earlier action) still persists in claiming exclusive ownership of the initials. Hell, they have a hissy fit if somebody sends a letter using the state's official abbreviation.

Well now that the nounage has been taken care of, back to the thread title subject.

I have not watched USCe play one down this year so I went to look at their schedule and stats. I must say I was not overly impressed with their schedule. Figured coming out of the SEC they would've had a killer gauntlet to get through but simply looking at the game scores and opponents, I am a lot more hopeful with our chances. I saw 2 fairly high quality wins; Georgia 45-42 and Clemson 34-13 and one quality loss, Arkansas 28-44. There were quite a few games that surprised me that SC didn't get more points on the board or a wider MOV- East Carol 56-37, Navy 24-21, Vandy 21-3, Miss St 14-12, Tenn 14-3, Florida 17-12, Citadel 41-20, and of course the loss to Auburn 13-16. Based on scores alone, it would appear that the SC defense is the real deal and did improve as the season went along but the offense does not seem very productive against some teams that quite frankly I would not be worried in the least for the Huskers to face. This should bode well for our suspect defense but not so well for our offense. I'm thinking a fairly tight game in the high teens to low 20's.

Well now that the nounage has been taken care of, back to the thread title subject.

I have not watched USCe play one down this year so I went to look at their schedule and stats. I must say I was not overly impressed with their schedule. Figured coming out of the SEC they would've had a killer gauntlet to get through but simply looking at the game scores and opponents, I am a lot more hopeful with our chances. I saw 2 fairly high quality wins; Georgia 45-42 and Clemson 34-13 and one quality loss, Arkansas 28-44. There were quite a few games that surprised me that SC didn't get more points on the board or a wider MOV- East Carol 56-37, Navy 24-21, Vandy 21-3, Miss St 14-12, Tenn 14-3, Florida 17-12, Citadel 41-20, and of course the loss to Auburn 13-16. Based on scores alone, it would appear that the SC defense is the real deal and did improve as the season went along but the offense does not seem very productive against some teams that quite frankly I would not be worried in the least for the Huskers to face. This should bode well for our suspect defense but not so well for our offense. I'm thinking a fairly tight game in the high teens to low 20's.

Agree with the lone caveat being that pesky mobile QB....................