Bowl game in Nebraska?

I bet the domination of SEC of Big Ten in bowl games would be drastically reduced.

Go look at the head to head record in the last 10 years or since the BCS was begun. The record is about even or maybe the SEC took a slight edge given the poor record for the B1G last year.

The PR campaing led by the SEC-loving media surely has worked and B1G vs SEC stereotypes perpetuated by the media blur actual game results. I remember on multiple occassions when the B1G teams beat the SEC teams, the media response was to downplay the results as "bowl games aren't good indicators" or "bowl games are unpredictable" but like last year when the SEC mopped the floor, it was "B1G sucks" or something of the like.

Back to the topic at hand. I would like to see more bowl games in the midwest. Indy would be a great site. It is very convienent for people to get to. There are several bowls in the south that are played outside in cold weather and don't draw squat. Why not do a double header at Lucas Oil and the fans of four teams plus locals would fill the stands much more than two teams playing in shreveport la in 40 degree temps.

While I understand that a bowl game here would be a hard sell, I would LOVE to see Miami or Fla St come here and play in 10 degree weather. See what they feel like by the 4th quarter when the sun is going down and the temp is near zero. I want to see the face of their wide receiver when they take a hit to a cold body and feel the sting.

Famous Nebraska Corn Syrup Bowl, anyone?

The Humanitarian (now Famous Idaho Potato Bow) has a tie in to the regional WAC conference, and if you've ever watched it there's hardly anyone there. But let's just pretend for a moment that the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl went under and the B10 needed a replacement for the the bottom bowl that's tied in with the MAC. I could MAYBE see Lincoln coming out to support a B10 team and see a football game cheap (hey, it's full for the spring game...), but then again, even the class A high school championship is really empty at memorial.

These bottom rung bowls are money losers for the teams that are invited, so they are basically just a nice trip for the team and an excuse for fans to take a vacation. I just can't imagine there being much excitement to come to Lincoln in December. If I was an Ohio fan (Frank's Ohio), I might be tempted to go to the potato bowl to ski for a few days or just spend time at a mountain resort...honestly, what are visiting fans going to do in Lincoln?

Think this thing through guys :LOLtartar