Turner Gill to Nebraska?

JGS30

Hello Husker Nation!!

Glad to be back where the cornfields are plentiful. Congrats on a solid season in the big 10. I'd say your team is in great position to compete for the Big 10 Crown next season. But enough about that.....has anyone heard any rumors about former KU Head Coach Turner Gill returning home to coach your QB's??

I ask, because there has been some grumblings that something might already be in the works. I wish Coach Gill nothing but the best of luck wherever he ends up. He is a great mentor and teacher of life. However, I feel he was in over his head as a head coach in the big 12.

Just curious if you all have heard anything.

-JGS30

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'm more curious to see if what I heard about Phil Fulmer going to Kansas is true, rather than whatever happens to Gill. First Mangino, now Fulmer...is there some surplus of wicked cheap buffets in Lawrence or somthing?

fat-phil.jpg

The crowd in the background put this on another level.

Hey they have plenty of tents clothing that would fit Fulmer in their storage room. :facepalm:

Hello Husker Nation!!

Glad to be back where the cornfields are plentiful. Congrats on a solid season in the big 10. I'd say your team is in great position to compete for the Big 10 Crown next season. But enough about that.....has anyone heard any rumors about former KU Head Coach Turner Gill returning home to coach your QB's??

I ask, because there has been some grumblings that something might already be in the works. I wish Coach Gill nothing but the best of luck wherever he ends up. He is a great mentor and teacher of life. However, I feel he was in over his head as a head coach in the big 12.

-JGS30

Or your basketball school has too high of expectations for its football team and didn't give him a chance to get his players in there. Mangino overachieved there and they will never be that good again.

• Fire 4

Hello Husker Nation!!

-JGS30

Or your basketball school has too high of expectations for its football team and didn't give him a chance to get his players in there. Mangino overachieved there and they will never be that good again.

I don't think Mangino overachieved. Quite frankly, he took advantage of the North when Nebraska and K-State had terrible coaches whom let their programs slide to irrelevance. Colorado went downward quick after Barnett left.

Mangino brought in enough talent to compete for a bowl game with an experienced senior laden football teams. But in 2007, the schedule was so favorable against the Big 12 South and the Big 12 North was terrible outside of Missouri.

And in a bowl game with a month to prepare, any out come is possible.

If NU and K-State had their current teams and coaches back in 2007, KU would've never went to the Orange Bowl.

KU will never again be relevant in the Big 12.