Turner Gill to Nebraska?

JGS30

I don't want to derail this more than I already have (inadvertently), so we can take it to politics and religion if we need to continue the discussion. I must clarify one thing, though, since a few are taking exception to my description of Liberty University.

Living down here in Alabama, I get the opportunity to meet many Liberty graduates. I stand by my description. Mind you, I'm not describing Baylor or TCU or even BYU as "whack job U." Liberty is a factory for extremists, and was founded as such by the same clown that gave us The Moral Majority, and who said that his god allowed the 9/11 attacks to succeed because of this country's "acceptance" of the gays. I think "whack job U" is a fitting monicker for a university that has "liberty" in its very name but has banned a student Democratic Party club.

I hope Gill brings to Liberty University the same level of success he enjoyed at KU.

/derail off

• Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gill announced his coaching staff today with some former Nebraska associates worth mentioning. Another somewhat surprising twist is Carl Torbush is back with Gill again after retiring before the 2011 season at Kansas due to prostate cancer.

The following people on the Liberty staff have either played for or coached (Assistants, GA's & Interns included) at Nebraska.

Dennis Wagner (OC/OL)

Aaron Stamn (Co-OC/TE)

Joe Dailey (QB Coach)

Mike Minter (STC)

Liberty U Coaching Staff

Gill announced his coaching staff today with some former Nebraska associates worth mentioning. Another somewhat surprising twist is Carl Torbush is back with Gill again after retiring before the 2011 season at Kansas due to prostate cancer.

The following people on the Liberty staff have either played for or coached (Assistants, GA's & Interns included) at Nebraska.

Dennis Wagner (OC/OL)

Aaron Stamn (Co-OC/TE)

Joe Dailey (QB Coach)

Mike Minter (STC)

Liberty U Coaching Staff

Love to see Minter getting into coaching ( previous stop at Johnson C smith). Following him at NU and then Carolina, I always thought he would be a good one. Best of luck to a classy guy in Gill. Good fit for him and some others on he staff.

• Fire 1

So, I was reading about Mike Minter Jr.(2013 class hopeful) and his father Nebraska Hall of Fame safety which led me search the internet for minter(jr. and sr) when I came across Turner Gill's new staff at Liberty which includes several former huskers including Mike Minter(Special Teams Coordinator) and Joe Dailey (Quaterbacks Coach).

link: http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=8265

How did I miss this? Liberty/Lynchburg is less than an hour down the road from me. Mixed emotions. I'm surprised Gill dropped to this level. He was at least proven at the MAC level, but maybe he was looking for something different and thought Liberty is a good fit. I'm not a fan of the Falwells, but I run some trail races put on by Liberty people and it's all good. Might have to go see a game next year. I think they play my kid's school (JMU).

Dennis Wagner (OC/OL)

Aaron Stamn (Co-OC/TE)

Joe Dailey (QB Coach)

Mike Minter (STC)

Liberty U Coaching Staff

Love to see Minter getting into coaching ( previous stop at Johnson C smith). Following him at NU and then Carolina, I always thought he would be a good one. Best of luck to a classy guy in Gill. Good fit for him and some others on he staff.

Minter is class as well. Both as a Husker and a pro. Seem to remember an article where he moved back to Lincoln in order to get his son right under the noses of the Husker staff. Hope joining TG doesn't move Junior out of state.