Sorry Huskers, you're in a cursed bowl matchup

CNB

Any matchup South Carolina is in, they are not talked about. By anyone. I'm pretty sure we could be in the NC and not get talked about. Add all the rematch controversy, and this game may go fairly unnoticed. So if you were looking for ESPN analyst opinions, we're sorry.

All jokes aside, I'm very much looking forward to this game. It's a great matchup with two great fanbases.

LSU, Alabama, Stanford and Oregon seem to be the hot discussion teams this year. It's been a few years since Nebr was in the national discussion. It should be a great game and fans from both sides will have a great time.

Exactly...high level success = discussion

Well, from the other side of the spectrum, they do talk about Baylor a lot. Mostly because of RGIII, but you get the point.

BS. We'll get plenty of coverage on the Big Ten Network, screw ESPN :)

We have our own NETWORK?!?!

opening%20image.gif

Yeah it's nice not being in the Texas conference. *crappy blog link spam*

I get that you're trying to spam your blog, but I don't care, sneakily getting me to click your link isn't getting you ad-views either. If you have something to offer to a thread try actually replying with substance. This is the husker blog equivalent of an online pill spammer.

and for the record "people" does not include some random dude on his lame blog or bleacher report.

Any matchup South Carolina is in, they are not talked about. By anyone. I'm pretty sure we could be in the NC and not get talked about. Add all the rematch controversy, and this game may go fairly unnoticed. So if you were looking for ESPN analyst opinions, we're sorry.

All jokes aside, I'm very much looking forward to this game. It's a great matchup with two great fanbases.

Nice to see you've made it over to the Husker board as well CNB.

Honestly we are on the same time as UF vs Ohio St. Despite being 6-6 each and SC and Nebraska scoring W's over both of them earlier in the year the big names will attract a lot of attention.

Luckily Nebraska is a pretty big football name, as is Spurrier. Not to mention the Capital One Bowl name itself will attract attention. I was surprised when ESPN did their bowl selection show that we were the 1st one up. As it should be considering it is the highest bowl not in the BCS (though I think the Cotton could be argued for), but it'll be nice to get some big time coverage. People still refuse to think we can't do anything Lattimoreless.