SIGNED S Tre'Vell Dixon

Nexus

We need to get dudes like this early and kick a$$ so we keep their commitment. This guy is a stud let's go get 29 more just like him.

Speaking of that, how big is this class going to be?

There are 20 scholarship seniors for next year as of now. There are two available schollys for walkons assuming Charles Jackson doesn't make it. 1 will go to Marher for sure and the other most likely to Long who will be only a junior. With attrition, I'd expect this class to be at around 25.

Great to get a kid out of Louisiana. Hopefully he is strong in his commitment like Michael Rose. In fact, if I was Bo I would have Michael Rose get in touch with this kid and help him to become our recruit recruiter for the 2013 class. He might be able to helped pull some other ballers out of Louisiana.

Come to think of it, can you have your players that are signed and on campus help you recruit. For instance, say Michael Rose wants to do everything in his power to get as many great athletes to Nebraska while he is here. Can he call, text, tweet, facebook recruits we are interested in and try to get a relationship started?? Nothing better than players recruiting for you.

Not that i didn't like Rose in other prospects ears, but I question whether he (or anyone else) had any impact. Haven't heard any recruit mention, "the reason why I chose Nebraska is because Michael Rose (or so and so) was in my ear about it." Don't get me wrong, I loved hearing it myself and I think it is an early sign of a team leader, but I think kids commit to programs based on other factors, especially for a program that is still rebuilding. JMO

Not that i didn't like Rose in other prospects ears, but I question whether he (or anyone else) had any impact. Haven't heard any recruit mention, "the reason why I chose Nebraska is because Michael Rose (or so and so) was in my ear about it." Don't get me wrong, I loved hearing it myself and I think it is an early sign of a team leader, but I think kids commit to programs based on other factors, especially for a program that is still rebuilding. JMO

Rose may be in a recruits ear, but it is the coaches job to close. He did the best he could, but ultimately the relationship a recruit has with the coach, in most cases, is more determinative than the relationship a recruit has with another recruit.

I'm sure Rose knew he wasn't the one that was going to be closing the deal for any recruits. However, he was the one spreading the name of Nebraska and simply reminding the recruits who were already familiar with us that we were still here. Goes a lot farther for some recruits than most of us will ever know.

Anyone else notice that while most teens love to fill their highlight reels with their favorite raps... This was all Christian rap? Listen to the lyrics!

Anyone else notice that while most teens love to fill their highlight reels with their favorite raps... This was all Christian rap? Listen to the lyrics!

Sounds like Lecrae to me, but yes, it is Christian rap. Says at least a little something about his character. I'd say to have him be in contact with Mr. Ron Brown to keep him a lock.