Kickers!

Conga3

Nebraska has been very fortunate in regards to kickers these last few years and after watching key games be lost due to missed field goals the importance of having a good kicker can't be understated.

This.

Nebraska has only had a couple of bumps in the road when it came to kickers the last two decades.

The one that sticks with me is Byron Bennett kicking it out of bounds late in the Orange Bowl and giving Charlie Ward and St. Bobby the short field and quickly the lead. And then missing the final 47 yarder.

Just as well become a kicking school, after Burkhead is gone, we damn sure won't be a rushing school anymore. And we will never be a passing school with Martinez...and the Defense is trending down also if you look at their stats and where they rank nationally.

Ok...so Christmas has me in a real funk. I better just get off here and go sulk. Bo humbug!

Just as well become a kicking school, after Burkhead is gone, we damn sure won't be a rushing school anymore. And we will never be a passing school with Martinez...and the Defense is trending down also if you look at their stats and where they rank nationally.

Ok...so Christmas has me in a real funk. I better just get off here and go sulk. Bo humbug!

You're probably right. I'm emailing Tom requesting him to contract the program right now.

OK, we all know the Kicker is everyone's favorite player on the team.. but what is going on at NU?!?!?

Alex broke NCAA records and gets paid to put up with Philly fans now.

Adi started a cult following>>tradition in the student section, and just got signed by Carolina.

And Brett is showing signs that he might be the best of the 3...

...and all these guys were on the team at the same time? Potentially 3 NFL kickers?!?!? That's depth baby!

This is just a warning Husker fans - we have been ridiculously spoiled when it comes to kickers...and some day the run will have to end....right?

Enjoy it while it lasts at least, and try not to take it for granted.

GBR!

Study your history C-3 our kickers have been good to great for about 30 years.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Study your history C-3 our kickers have been good to great for about 30 years.

T_O_B

G>B>R

How do we check this out? Our last 30 years of kicker success compared to other top teams...

Would we expect to compare favorably? Would we blow other programs out of the water?

So curious am I.....

How do we check this out? Our last 30 years of kicker success compared to other top teams...

Would we expect to compare favorably? Would we blow other programs out of the water?

So curious am I.....

The best way to gauge the quality of the kicker is to check their helmet. If there's a red :bigredn: on the side, they're usually pretty good.

• Fire 2

Congdon is the last kicker that I can remember that I would consider average or worse. The thing about Congdon was that he was very accurate, but his distance on his kicks was lacking big time. Inside 40 he was money, but the kicks 40-55 are usually what matters and are what you have to kick with the game on the line, and he didn't have the leg for them.

Congdon is the last kicker that I can remember that I would consider average or worse. The thing about Congdon was that he was very accurate, but his distance on his kicks was lacking big time. Inside 40 he was money, but the kicks 40-55 are usually what matters and are what you have to kick with the game on the line, and he didn't have the leg for them.

He got even worse after he transferred to USC. I vaguely remember watching him kick a 35 yarder dead on that fell short.