ATH Davante' Bourque

corncraze

Decommitted from LSU

Interesting...although I am concerned at his desire to play RB.

This latest pursuit of Bourque gels with the theory I posited in the Imani Cross thread. I think these will be the types of RBs we'll go after in future recruiting cycles.

It does fit well. I'm curious if we'll get some of both or just bigger backs. We've obviously got some smaller backs that will be around for awhile but only one more year of Rex. Given the power series we seem to like, I'm guessing we'll trend toward bigger backs but it also might just be a need to balance the roster.

Decommitted from LSU

This latest pursuit of Bourque gels with the theory I posited in the Imani Cross thread. I think these will be the types of RBs we'll go after in future recruiting cycles.

It does fit well. I'm curious if we'll get some of both or just bigger backs. We've obviously got some smaller backs that will be around for awhile but only one more year of Rex. Given the power series we seem to like, I'm guessing we'll trend toward bigger backs but it also might just be a need to balance the roster.

Don't forget about Morrow..............supposedly a beast..............

Decommitted from LSU

I think it's to balance the roster. Why would we recruit Green & AA otherwise if they didn't fit our supposed system.

I think it's to balance the roster. Why would we recruit Green & AA otherwise if they didn't fit our supposed system.

My theory. Post #20 from the Imani Cross thread.

It should be noted that the one 2013 RB offer we have out so far fits the mold of a power back instead of a scat back. I think the trend is already in motion as far as what type of RB we're looking for in future recruiting cycles. Not saying we won't recruit scat backs in the future, because they're beneficial for change of pace and all-purpose type situations but I predict that the traditional power back will be our de facto backs in the future.

In order to have an effective power run game, we need downhill big-bodied backs to take the pounding between those disciplined B1G trenches. Abdullah, Green, Heard aren't built for that at the moment and that's okay. We still need their speed & lateral quickness in situational outside running plays.