SIGNED ATH LeRoy Alexander

corncraze

Fwiw i guess the issue was grades (all in order now) hence the lack of offers. Switched high schools between jr and sr years so many not aware of him. We have been talking to him since early december ( coach marrow knew him) drew late attention from msu and wisc. Perhaps we have a steal here only time will tell..

To me this guy fits a mold..... Great measurables but can't grasp the mental aspect. If this guy had the mental side with those measurables his offer list would be long and distinguished. This is a reach! The coaches found him easy to poach with his only offer being Toledo and are showing signs of desperation. With those stats, even if he's radio, he should have 2 dozen offers! To me this is not a good sign. Pelini cherishes smart players with slower40 times and maybe not the most physically imposing so long as they are always in the right place at the right time! We are officially in panic mode. This guy is a walk on at UNO. To sum up. Great measurables... No instincts and low football IQ. Praying I'm wrong but his film reminds me of some guys I graduated with that went D2!!!

This is why, redtillimdead... This is why. :ahhhhhhhh

I read on another board that he had issues at his previous school and transferred to Whitmer to get away from it. They also stated that his transfer raised problems with the OHSAA, kinda like what Diggs went thru in Florida. Schools were just starting to take notice of him and MSU wants him to come in on an official.

Nothing wrong with getting another great athlete on campus, and I dont think it means we missed out on other prospects necessarily.... Some of you (redtillimdead) are making wild assumptions....

Part of it is missing on targets. See all the eggs in the Diggs basket and relaxing of the some of the staff with him.

However, this is a kid the staff had seen earlier when looking at Redshirt Frosh Kevin WIlliams. On top of that Marrow coached him so it not like the staff wasn't aware of the potential of this kid.

As for his offers, a lot of schools were scared off when he transferred HS his senior year and academics got cloudy with what classes were going to transfer for him. He even had to sit out fhe first copleof games until all wa ironed out. Michigan State was really on this guy at the end as well.

So yes to an extent he was a fallback option but it is not like NU is getting a hell of an athlete. Legit 4.4 great frame to work with. Averaged 11 yards a carry as a senior and was solid in back seven of their defense.

Wipe away the "anger" of a kid that only Toledo had offered, actually look at his film, and comprehend that the staff didn't just start looking at LeRoy a week ago and accept the fact that the staff knows a hell of a lot more than us armchair/keyboard coaches.

[This is why, redtillimdead... This is why. :ahhhhhhhh

Can we change the name "redtillimdead" to "pessimistred"? I'm not a fan of drinking red kool-aid and be the eternal optimist ... but my goodness ... I'd like to think with a name "redtillimdead" you would atleast like red kool-aid instead of pointing at almost anything and saying ... "IT AIN'T RED!"

I don't know how many people are aware of this, but in Rivals last update LeRoy got promoted to a 5.6 :star :star :star . With him getting so late into the game and still getting promoted, I have to admit, I'm impressed. And Marrow knows this guys potential better than anyone...I'm happy with the pick up. Congratulations LeRoy!

I don't know how many people are aware of this, but in Rivals last update LeRoy got promoted to a 5.6 :star :star :star . With him getting so late into the game and still getting promoted, I have to admit, I'm impressed. And Marrow knows this guys potential better than anyone...I'm happy with the pick up. Congratulations LeRoy!

I agree with you. I noticed the 3 stars this morning and was pleasently surprised. Everyone is talking about the desperation by the staff, but I really like it when the coaches find a diamond in the rough. Same thing with D-Bo, but of course LSU came along. :dunno