SIGNED ATH LeRoy Alexander

corncraze

WELCOME!

I watched this kid's tape and I'm not sure what's not to like.

I just wasn't as wowed with his CB play as I was with Devian's (I get a hard-on for physical corners. Still really hoping we get him), but, of course, the coaches are paid to evaluate and groom talent we're not. He has great size and listed speed.

Don't want to be a total stick-in-the-mud, but it's interesting that when a prospect has a slower 40 time listed on the paid sites (e.g. Alonzo Moore) the accuracy of the time is usually questioned but the same doubts aren't raised when it's a fast 40 time. Someone above, though, said the time was legit and, at any rate, Vince Marrow should have a pretty good idea of what LeRoy can do.

A belated welcome to the fold, LeRoy!

Welcome to Husker Nation, Mr. Alexander.

Sean Callahan's twitter:

Rivals.com Midwest analyst Josh Helmholdt said that LeRoy Alexander's play grabbed his attention this season and he called him "electric."

Helmholdt added that he went to that game not knowing much about Alexander, but left very impressed and call him a "true athlete." #Huskers

LINK

To me this guy fits a mold..... Great measurables but can't grasp the mental aspect. If this guy had the mental side with those measurables his offer list would be long and distinguished. This is a reach! The coaches found him easy to poach with his only offer being Toledo and are showing signs of desperation. With those stats, even if he's radio, he should have 2 dozen offers! To me this is not a good sign. Pelini cherishes smart players with slower40 times and maybe not the most physically imposing so long as they are always in the right place at the right time! We are officially in panic mode. This guy is a walk on at UNO. To sum up. Great measurables... No instincts and low football IQ. Praying I'm wrong but his film reminds me of some guys I graduated with that went D2!!!

You should really watch his film before you start talking sh#t on this kid. He doesn't have all the offers in the world, but he is talented.

What exactly did you see that tells you he is talented? He can run the ball decently from a spread but on defense he got burned and played off. I agree with everyone, why this guy?

I read on another board that he had issues at his previous school and transferred to Whitmer to get away from it. They also stated that his transfer raised problems with the OHSAA, kinda like what Diggs went thru in Florida. Schools were just starting to take notice of him and MSU wants him to come in on an official.

He had to go to court and get an injunction to play his senior year (link).

I read on another board that he had issues at his previous school and transferred to Whitmer to get away from it. They also stated that his transfer raised problems with the OHSAA, kinda like what Diggs went thru in Florida. Schools were just starting to take notice of him and MSU wants him to come in on an official.

He had to go to court and get an injunction to play his senior year (link).

That could explain why he's so under the radar. Let's hope nothing comes of this. And the guy shows up on the field for us. :thumbs: