It seems we have a new official member of the coaching staff

zoogs

Nice pick up, I never thought about that. Since, grad assistants cannot go out on the recruiting trail then either two things have happened:

1. Papuchis will be the next DC; leaving one spot for a graduate assistant to move into a full time assistant coach. This would mean as stated above that Marrow will be our TE coach and Papuchis will be our DC.

OR

2. Since we lost our DC, Nebraska might have asked for a petition from the NCAA to have Marrow go out and recruit, thus placing a interim tag next to his name, since our coaching staff has one available spot.

If I had a gun to my head and had to pick to see which one is more plausible my answer would be number 1; but who knows....

I had heard that Marrow was out recruiting in place of Carl. Not sure if it is a permanent or temporary move. Hope we get an announcement here soon although I am getting the impression it may not be until after the bowls are over until we know.

Also it sounds like schools will be allowed to have 4 GA's starting in August of 2012 up from the 2 allowed now. I know Bo is a big supporter of the GA and intern programs so that will be cool to have more eyes on the players as well as giving more people the opportunity to get into coaching and refine their talents.

If schools are allowed 4 GA's then Nebraska could conceivably make a "Splash Hire" (I hate saying that) and pay out the big bucks, leave one assistant position open as motivation for the GA's to work their way into the position. That leaves me to believe, Im probably wrong though, that Bo has some GA who is worthy to become a assistant coach when the time is right. Any thoughts?

What if -

Barney is moving on (Jamrog needs a buddy?)

Garrison is becoming the lone OL coach

Marrow is becoming the new TE coach

we bring in (or Stai becomes) a new OL GA to help Garrison.

But since none of it is going to be announced until after the bowl game this lets us get Marrow out with our recruiting staff now and then Barney can be moved when they are ready to announce the new defensive coach.

Just a guess.