Does Spurrier hold a grudge from the ’96 Fiesta Bowl beatdown?

NUance

Maybe among people you know but I can tell you even in Wisconsin nobody expected to make the NC and those that did either weren't serious or had no idea what they were talking about. As the season progressed both ESPN and SI picked us for the Rose Bowl which we ended up making. So if you want to talk about expectations we exceeded those we had in January-August and met the ones set for us by others later in the season.

So you're saying that back in the offseason, Wisconsin fans really didn't expect to go to the Rose Bowl? The defending champs didn't expect to repeat, even in a year where everyone was predicting that Ohio State was going to be down?

Depends on what part of the off-season you're talking about but by and large yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you. Nobody picked us either. We lost nearly our entire offense and the leadership of our defense. Steele, Sporting News and Athlon all had us not making the CCG let alone the Rose Bowl in their official preaseason mags.

You and I must read different news sites. I don't pay attention to Steele or Athlon, but basically every single prediction I saw (with the exception of Herbstreit, who picked OSU), picked Wisconsin to win the division and a majority picked them to beat Nebraska in the CCG. That includes the ESPN blog, the official preseason media polls (coaches too maybe? can't remember if the coaches did or not), the BTN, and the vast majority of local newspapers throughout the Big Ten region.

Like I said it depends on what part of the postseason you're talking about. Anyone that said that in January-June/July is delusional. As the season approached the CCG looked more and more likely, expectations dipped again after the MSU/OSU losses. All of that said, making the Rosebowl isn't crapping the bed expectations wise so my point still stands that if anything we exceeded expectations for this season or at least lived up to them. Just like last year when we weren't picked to make the Rose so the guy that said Wisconsin always craps the bed is just plain wrong.

Wisconsin is a damn good ball team. Great fans too. That Rose Bowl is going to be a hell of an interesting game. I think Oregon may take it. How much will Wiscy drop off after losing the O-Coordinator? Or drop off at all?

I love leftover ham. It is good. Pawn Stars will be on a bit later. Chum-Lee kind of looks like a troll doesn't he?

Huge day of games on the 2nd. Why are there no good games on all week, then wham! All at once we're slammed with so many I don't think I'll be able to focus my eyes after it's all over.

Badgerfan seems like a good dude to me. Definitely funny as hell. Not a troll. I like trolls anyway. They make things interesting. What the hell would most of you talk about if it wasn't for trolls. 75% of the comments on Huskerboard aren't even Nebraska related. They are usually responses to someone else who had the balls to come out and state their opinion.

Go Big Red.

Wisconsin is a damn good ball team. Great fans too. That Rose Bowl is going to be a hell of an interesting game. I think Oregon may take it. How much will Wiscy drop off after losing the O-Coordinator? Or drop off at all?

I love leftover ham. It is good. Pawn Stars will be on a bit later. Chum-Lee kind of looks like a troll doesn't he?

Huge day of games on the 2nd. Why are there no good games on all week, then wham! All at once we're slammed with so many I don't think I'll be able to focus my eyes after it's all over.

Badgerfan seems like a good dude to me. Definitely funny as hell. Not a troll. I like trolls anyway. They make things interesting. What the hell would most of you talk about if it wasn't for trolls. 75% of the comments on Huskerboard aren't even Nebraska related. They are usually responses to someone else who had the balls to come out and state their opinion.

Go Big Red.

I'll admit my buttons were pushed and I may have acted a bit trolly but that was just from UW related stuff. You slandered Chumlee, its really on now.