Party Promoted by Jadeveon "DOO DOO" Clowney

QMany

Dunno how much weight to put into that. When I lived in Columbia I'd see leaflets similar to this littered around town everywhere, especially near campus..."promoters" would put anything on them to get people to go to these places. Who knows what's actually behind it, maybe someone asked them if they wanted to go to some party and they said sure and next thing they know they're on a pamphlet or maybe they actually went out and made them. I have no idea but I can say with some confidence that they will not be attending this party one way or another...

Dunno how much weight to put into that. When I lived in Columbia I'd see leaflets similar to this littered around town everywhere, especially near campus..."promoters" would put anything on them to get people to go to these places. Who knows what's actually behind it, maybe someone asked them if they wanted to go to some party and they said sure and next thing they know they're on a pamphlet or maybe they actually went out and made them. I have no idea but I can say with some confidence that they will not be attending this party one way or another...

That is pretty much how I saw it going, too.

Just found it interesting considering the similar happenings with the player from UNC (I think).

Yep lots of players getting in trouble for similar parties..UNC, Clemson and if there's any weight to this maybe USC as well but until we find out more its hard to say.

What exactly are the rules on parties? Is the NCAA really to the point where they say you can't use your name in a private business venture? I'd understand if it somehow linked them to some undue profit due to their athlete status or some kind of improper benefits but at some level it'd get to the level where players are being denied thier basic rights...like the right to put your name on a piece of paper, kind of ridiculous.

NCAA rules prohibit the use of athletes' names and likenesses to promote businesses or other for-profit entities.

I knew that at some level but didn't want it to be true I guess...by whom though? I'm guessing this refers to only the players themselves?

Would this forbid them from obtaining an off-season part time job or something?

NCAA rules prohibit the use of athletes' names and likenesses to promote businesses or other for-profit entities.

I knew that at some level but didn't want it to be true I guess...by whom though? I'm guessing this refers to only the players themselves?

Would this forbid them from obtaining an off-season part time job or something?

In short, they could obtain a job ... but that employer couldn't promote that employment. Think: a car lot "employing" a player and using his likeness as a star athlete to promote their business.