SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

Well, if we want him as a RB, he looks like a Rex-type runner. Nothing too flashy, he just breaks tackles and follows his blocks. If he has the competitive drive of Rex, I'll take a guy like that any day.

I think we'll have that next year in Marrow already.....................

This might be an indication that Nebraska will start recruiting stout-bodied RB's going forward. Osborne typically recruited these types of backs. Some of the more notable Husker backs of the past were in the 210-225 lbs. range. As physically demanding as B1G defenses are in the trenches, it makes sense to start going after these body types for power and durability.

This might be an indication that Nebraska will start recruiting stout-bodied RB's going forward. Osborne typically recruited these types of backs. Some of the more notable Husker backs of the past were in the 210-225 lbs. range. As physically demanding as B1G defenses are in the trenches, it makes sense to start going after these body types for power and durability.

I hope you're right because I've always been for downhill running teams. When you need 3 yards on 3rd down, you gotta have a big guy in the backfield. To me, being able to get those 3 yards is the mark of a championship type team.

I was surprised by us trying to get Imani. We have Marrow and Frazier is walking on

I'm not surprised to be honest. If my assumptions are correct, then bringing in Frazier and Cross (or another similar back of their size) builds depth for the future after Rex graduates. Marrow is a FB in the same mold of former Husker FB, Willie Miller. Which is why the Christian Powell recruitment also makes sense. Marrow will be a Junior next year. Powell would be next in line when Marrow graduates. This is a good thing though. It took a season of playing B1G opponents for us to realize that we need to gravitate towards a power oriented two-back ground game as well as three LB sets on defense.