SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

I was surprised by us trying to get Imani. We have Marrow and Frazier is walking on

I'm not surprised to be honest. If my assumptions are correct, then bringing in Frazier and Cross (or another similar back of their size) builds depth for the future after Rex graduates. Marrow is a FB in the same mold of former Husker FB, Willie Miller. Which is why the Christian Powell recruitment also makes sense. Marrow will be a Junior next year. Powell would be next in line when Marrow graduates. This is a good thing though. It took a season of playing B1G opponents for us to realize that we need to gravitate towards a power oriented two-back ground game as well as three LB sets on defense.

agree, as much as we may want to be Oregon, you have to get through the B1G schedule and win CC to get to the BCS games.

It should be noted that the one 2013 RB offer we have out so far fits the mold of a power back instead of a scat back. I think the trend is already in motion as far as what type of RB we're looking for in future recruiting cycles. Not saying we won't recruit scat backs in the future, because they're beneficial for change of pace and all-purpose type situations but I predict that the traditional power back will be our de facto back in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

How many RBs do we have and need in this class? I'm guessing we only need 1 since we already have the 3 sophomore RBs and burkhead

We will only take one, that's if the right one comes along. Either Cross or Bourque would be a great addition, and really add another nice option in the backfield.

I'm faily confident in saying that Imani will be N after his visit, Coach Brown rarely misses on these late offers like Ameer last year.