SIGNED DT Aaron Curry

BIG ERN

hearing he could announce as early as Sunday or Monday. Hopefully this is good news for us.

He could very well commit while he is visting, the staff have been pushing AC and VV to commit.

Do we take both if they want N?

yes

I would be ok with it with our low numbers thus far, but it still baffles me how we don't have any other WR targets (off topic I know)....

hearing he could announce as early as Sunday or Monday. Hopefully this is good news for us.

He could very well commit while he is visting, the staff have been pushing AC and VV to commit.

yes

I would be ok with it with our low numbers thus far, but it still baffles me how we don't have any other WR targets (off topic I know)....

Two different skill/body types, and the DT tackle is the hardest position to recruit and numbers are huge at the posiiton at top flight schools.

As for the WR spot. Alonzo Moore probably ends up there if things go the right way. There is a lot of young talent at the position right now, so it wasn't an overly pressing need. The coaches are raving about what Tariq Allen did on the scout team. I think he becomes a stud

yes

I wonder if they ask Curry to be a silent commit. Will be interesting to see how they play it if they really want to take both since they have told VV that they only want 1 DT and they want him to be it. If Curry commits publicly and the staff still wants VV, it will have to be a new message to VV.

As for the WR spot. Alonzo Moore probably ends up there if things go the right way. There is a lot of young talent at the position right now, so it wasn't an overly pressing need. The coaches are raving about what Tariq Allen did on the scout team. I think he becomes a stud

With Enunwa, Bell, Turner, Allen and Westerkamp, we are pretty set at WR for a few years. One is good for this class.

Recruiting: Curry talks NU visit, decision timeline

BY SAM MCKEWON / 3:43 PM, SUNDAY, JAN. 22 / COMMENTS (9)

Defensive tackle target Aaron Curry is down to three schools — Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri — that he’ll host in-home this week before deciding where to commit for the 2012 recruiting class.

Curry, a 6-foot-2, 275-pounder, gave a thumbs up to his weekend visit to NU and coach Bo Pelini.

“It was great,” he told Huskers Illustrated. “Pelini is a great guy. He’s down to earth and a black and white kind of guy. I liked him a lot.”

What impressed Curry’s father, Aaron Curry, Sr? Read more here.…

LINK

Apparently Rick Kaczenski basically told Curry and his family Nebraska wanted to take 2 DTs in this years class. Sounds like he's all but ours.

So...............are they still telling VV they only want 1 DT?

I think if the timeline is followed we had a class of about 16 we could fill. Then, we found out about Kerr and a couple others. I think that the open spots now might be what appears to us as a conflict. I think now it makes sense to take two ... unless the staff feels they lost VV ... which I think we hold on to.

Apparently Rick Kaczenski basically told Curry and his family Nebraska wanted to take 2 DTs in this years class. Sounds like he's all but ours.

So...............are they still telling VV they only want 1 DT?

Fact is things have probably changed IF we actually ever told him that. I don't know if coaches did or didn't tell him that, but if they did then I'm sure they've talked to him again and told him what's up. Also, unless he wants to get really tired we gonna have to have other DT's to play. I would hope the guy would like to have some other good players to play with and work hard enough to earn his spot. Even if he was the only DT we might have taken doesn't mean he just gets to play anyway. Still have to earn your spot.