Official Meltdown Thread

The reason I hate threads like this is because people take a perfectly logical, reasonable, unemotional discussion of facts and dub it a 'meltdown' because it happened after a loss.

I'm not heated. I'm not emotional. I'm simply telling you will all seriousness that if you think with the current staff/philosophy we're going to see any measurable improvement over what we saw this season, you're deluded. And worse. You're self-deluded. We got smoked for the third time this season in the fourth year of this staff. Who's got the excuses? How about we do that thread instead? Have the sunshine "Bo knows" pumpers regale us with some explanation for why this is happening, and more importantly, how it's going to be fixed.

No, didn't think so. We'll just all have a big laugh about the 'meltdown' while the massively obvious frailty of this program gets a nice whitewashing.

I'm not going to deny that the coaching is a big part of the problem. I wont deny that a lot of the coaching staff definitely deserves a certain hotseat and some a lot more than others. I think if Bo ever decides to check his ego at the door and do whats in the best interest of the program, he'll be a great coach. He needs to stop hiring friends and start hiring coaches that have a clue. As it stands, we've been stuck with an OC with no experience and now a DC with no experience. What's next, we going to pull someone from the stands to coach the secondary? I know Bo is trying to help his friends and get them experience, but this is not a low end Div 1 school that can just go ahead and test this scenario. We are a school that has been there and we need to be getting proven coaches to take over the duties given them, not beginners.

Just my 2 cents in regards to the coaches.

The reason I hate threads like this is because people take a perfectly logical, reasonable, unemotional discussion of facts and dub it a 'meltdown' because it happened after a loss.

I'm not heated. I'm not emotional. I'm simply telling you will all seriousness that if you think with the current staff/philosophy we're going to see any measurable improvement over what we saw this season, you're deluded. And worse. You're self-deluded. We got smoked for the third time this season in the fourth year of this staff. Who's got the excuses? How about we do that thread instead? Have the sunshine "Bo knows" pumpers regale us with some explanation for why this is happening, and more importantly, how it's going to be fixed.

No, didn't think so. We'll just all have a big laugh about the 'meltdown' while the massively obvious frailty of this program gets a nice whitewashing.

Hey, would you rather have one thread like this, or 92?

I'm simply performing triage on everybody going batsh#t crazy

There'll be 92 no matter what you do. It's inevitable. People you've never seen post here before will crop up starting threads, all with the same general theme. Not much you can do about it.

Well, can I have a gold star and an orange slice for the try?

• Fire 1

I'm not going to deny that the coaching is a big part of the problem. I wont deny that a lot of the coaching staff definitely deserves a certain hotseat and some a lot more than others. I think if Bo ever decides to check his ego at the door and do whats in the best interest of the program, he'll be a great coach. He needs to stop hiring friends and start hiring coaches that have a clue. As it stands, we've been stuck with an OC with no experience and now a DC with no experience. What's next, we going to pull someone from the stands to coach the secondary? I know Bo is trying to help his friends and get them experience, but this is not a low end Div 1 school that can just go ahead and test this scenario. We are a school that has been there and we need to be getting proven coaches to take over the duties given them, not beginners.

CALM DOWN! YOUR PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE AND RATIONAL POINT IS UPSETTING THE NATIVES!

There'll be 92 no matter what you do. It's inevitable. People you've never seen post here before will crop up starting threads, all with the same general theme. Not much you can do about it.

How about a +1? It's all I got.

How about a +1? It's all I got.

beats a sharp stick in the eye

this one is on Bo and the coaches........i hope they learned something.

The sad thing about this one is that we were pretty much in control to win comfortably and yet we pissed it down our legs! Really not sure where this whole team goes from here? Luckily our offense will be mostly intact, not too sure about the defense. I know this is a sour note to end the season, but keep your heads up.....there'll be better days

It's happening because there hasn't been any leadership on this team since the days of Wistrom and Peter. I'm one of the biggest Bo fans you'll find, but he isn't instilling any mental toughness in his players. Was this year a result of what was (or wasn't) recruited when Bo was first hired? Maybe, but what's really starting to eat at me is that there is legit talent in the underclassmen, and it might get wasted because there isn't any leadership to speak of.

Obviously, coaching is part of that, but there has to be actual "captains" that lead this team. People say wonderful things about Mr. Burkhead but I would give anything to have someone wear an N on the helmet that actually cared about it. I just see a lot of guys playing for their resumes out there.

Exactly. I'm tired of all these "Bo knows" sunshine pumpers. He obviously doesn't know, because if he did, we wouldn't get blown out whenever we are against good teams. He wouldn't surround himself with a bunch of inexperienced coaches/coordinators when he is inexperienced as a head coach.

Expect next season to be almost identical to this year.

In some ways we got out coached.

But I put this one the players.

As soon as we were winning, K Reed drops a pass, and I thought, "we're going to lose."

Do coaches needs to 'get the players ready?'. Yes...

but Marlowe dropped a wide open pass. Kinnie dropped a pass before he was even hit. Maher misses a FG to pull us within a score. Dennard gets tossed. Martin-ez throws inexcusable pick before half. Ameer coughs it up on the 5. Yoshi false starts 4 f'ing times. Thorell and Cassidy are just terrible tacklers. they let a guy catch a 50 yd hail Mary.

Tell me, how is that coaching? Players didn't make plays. We dominated that game for 3.5 quarters. The players self-destruct themselves.

Bo said, "we'll be alright" because if we hold onto the ball and THE PLAYERS EXECUTE, we win by 17.

• Fire 1

It's happening because there hasn't been any leadership on this team since the days of Wistrom and Peter. I'm one of the biggest Bo fans you'll find, but he isn't instilling any mental toughness in his players. Was this year a result of what was (or wasn't) recruited when Bo was first hired? Maybe, but what's really starting to eat at me is that there is legit talent in the underclassmen, and it might get wasted because there isn't any leadership to speak of.

Obviously, coaching is part of that, but there has to be actual "captains" that lead this team. People say wonderful things about Mr. Burkhead but I would give anything to have someone wear an N on the helmet that actually cared about it. I just see a lot of guys playing for their resumes out there.

100% agree. Where is the leadership. I'm not sure we need guys to lead by example with this team. Need some vocal leadership to hold other accountable.

100% agree. Where is the leadership. I'm not sure we need guys to lead by example with this team. Need some vocal leadership to hold other accountable.

I thought that David was a vocal leader at the Whisky game and then also led by example at the OSU game. Just because they aren't winning championships like Peter and Winstrom doesnt mean we have had no leaders.

In some ways we got out coached.

But I put this one the players.

As soon as we were winning, K Reed drops a pass, and I thought, "we're going to lose."

Do coaches needs to 'get the players ready?'. Yes...

but Marlowe dropped a wide open pass. Kinnie dropped a pass before he was even hit. Maher misses a FG to pull us within a score. Dennard gets tossed. Martin-ez throws inexcusable pick before half. Ameer coughs it up on the 5. Yoshi false starts 4 f'ing times. Thorell and Cassidy are just terrible tacklers. they let a guy catch a 50 yd hail Mary.

Tell me, how is that coaching? Players didn't make plays. We dominated that game for 3.5 quarters. The players self-destruct themselves.

Bo said, "we'll be alright" because if we hold onto the ball and THE PLAYERS EXECUTE, we win by 17.

And from the ashes the Pheonix shall rise.

Excellent post. I hope I get labeled a "sunshine pumper" because those that actually know me know that is far from the case. This hits it on the head. Players have so much more controll over a game than coaches EVER will. Coaches can pound things to their players every minute of every day, but in the end it is up to the players to take that and instill it into their cranium.

So instead of throwing this on the staff I'll defer it to the players.