Official Meltdown Thread

None of us are there on sidelines and whatnot. We don't know with certainty if there is a leadership problem. I think it's a confidence problem. As soon as one thing goes wrong it's an avalanche of "who's going to mess up next?"

Ameer fumbles, then taylor throws a pick.

They get a long return (with a no block in the back reversed call that was bullsh#t), then ciante gets flagged for ghost PI

We have them on 3rd and 18, they throw a pass for 23

It's one mistake, then 3 more in a row.

In some ways we got out coached.

But I put this one the players.

As soon as we were winning, K Reed drops a pass, and I thought, "we're going to lose."

Do coaches needs to 'get the players ready?'. Yes...

but Marlowe dropped a wide open pass. Kinnie dropped a pass before he was even hit. Maher misses a FG to pull us within a score. Dennard gets tossed. Martin-ez throws inexcusable pick before half. Ameer coughs it up on the 5. Yoshi false starts 4 f'ing times. Thorell and Cassidy are just terrible tacklers. they let a guy catch a 50 yd hail Mary.

Tell me, how is that coaching? Players didn't make plays. We dominated that game for 3.5 quarters. The players self-destruct themselves.

Bo said, "we'll be alright" because if we hold onto the ball and THE PLAYERS EXECUTE, we win by 17.

You put guys like JT in over Marlowe, even if he practices like sh#t. You let athletes who do not "know" your complicated schemes play over walk ons. You change your complicated scheme so athletes can play. You tell your OC to quit calling crap and stick with what works. You teach your QB to run and lay the wood, not make some defensive guys high light real.

You design a play, even one, to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers. If they can't grasp the play book, you give them one new play a game. Tell your OC to find a friggin identity by next season or find a new job. Move Reed to WR. Kid can't block.

These are all coaching issues. Nothing to do with the kids. You have kinnie and Quincy in on every play. If we are not passing at least make the DB's fear for their lives peeking inside to make a play. All season I have seen/heard about the physical play from both and I saw them one time today. They would have been great on the edge laying the wood against the smaller DB's.

Bo needs to Bo up.

At some point the excuses have to end, and you simply have to start winning football games

True. Players gotta make plays.

Why do we all love David, bell, and Rex?

CUZ THEY MAKE PLAYS.

Are they not coached by the same guys and Fisher, Kinnie, and Ameer?

Plays were there to be made, some players just didn't make them

At some point the excuses have to end, and you simply have to start winning football games

True. Players gotta make plays.

Why do we all love David, bell, and Rex?

CUZ THEY MAKE PLAYS.

Are they not coached by the same guys and Fisher, Kinnie, and Ameer?

Plays were there to be made, some players just didn't make them

By the same kids who haven't made them all year. Depth? Schemes? Talent? Recruiting? All are coaching issues.

If the scheme is to difficult to pick up then can it. Remember all the knocks on the Wats WCO playbook? Similar to Bo and his D playbook.. Engineers over athletes won't get you wins. The walkon program is great. It makes for nice editorials, but to win games we need the kids who other schools want.

The reason I hate threads like this is because people take a perfectly logical, reasonable, unemotional discussion of facts and dub it a 'meltdown' because it happened after a loss.

I'm not heated. I'm not emotional. I'm simply telling you will all seriousness that if you think with the current staff/philosophy we're going to see any measurable improvement over what we saw this season, you're deluded. And worse. You're self-deluded. We got smoked for the third time this season in the fourth year of this staff. Who's got the excuses? How about we do that thread instead? Have the sunshine "Bo knows" pumpers regale us with some explanation for why this is happening, and more importantly, how it's going to be fixed.

No, didn't think so. We'll just all have a big laugh about the 'meltdown' while the massively obvious frailty of this program gets a nice whitewashing.

It's happening because there hasn't been any leadership on this team since the days of Wistrom and Peter. I'm one of the biggest Bo fans you'll find, but he isn't instilling any mental toughness in his players. Was this year a result of what was (or wasn't) recruited when Bo was first hired? Maybe, but what's really starting to eat at me is that there is legit talent in the underclassmen, and it might get wasted because there isn't any leadership to speak of.

Obviously, coaching is part of that, but there has to be actual "captains" that lead this team. People say

wonderful things about Mr. Burkhead but I would give anything to have someone wear an N on the helmet that actually cared about it. I just see a lot of guys playing for their resumes out there.

100% agree. Where is the leadership. I'm not sure we need guys to lead by example with this team. Need some vocal leadership to hold other accountable.

I thought that David was a vocal leader at the Whisky game and then also led by example at the OSU game. Just because they aren't winning championships like Peter and Winstrom doesnt mean we have had no leaders.

David is/was a JUCO mercenary. Show me one player that could get his teammates to run Memorial's steps to the point of vomiting, like Peter and Wistrom did. You can't.

That's right and I agree with getting the youth and play makers the ball. But opposing coaches watch film too. Its not juco football. It takes schemes and technique to see the field.

Dennard is a first rounder and he let a guy jump and catch a 50 yd hail Mary, and then still missed the tackle. Should we put in SJB?

Players make plays. By the time the game starts, it's just adjustments coaches can make. Did Bo coach Marlowe to drop that wide open pass?

As soon as we were winning, K Reed drops a pass, and I thought, "we're going to lose."

but Marlowe dropped a wide open pass. Kinnie dropped a pass before he was even hit. Maher misses a FG to pull us within a score. Dennard gets tossed. Martin-ez throws inexcusable pick before half. Ameer coughs it up on the 5. Yoshi false starts 4 f'ing times. Thorell and Cassidy are just terrible tacklers. they let a guy catch a 50 yd hail Mary.

Tell me, how is that coaching? Players didn't make plays. We dominated that game for 3.5 quarters. The players self-destruct themselves.

Bo said, "we'll be alright" because if we hold onto the ball and THE PLAYERS EXECUTE, we win by 17.

And from the ashes the Pheonix shall rise.

Excellent post. I hope I get labeled a "sunshine pumper" because those that actually know me know that is far from the case. This hits it on the head. Players have so much more controll over a game than coaches EVER will. Coaches can pound things to their players every minute of every day, but in the end it is up to the players to take that and instill it into their cranium.

So instead of throwing this on the staff I'll defer it to the players.

Have to agree, no way is this one on the coaching staff. We had just as good a defense, if not better. The game plan was right on. [i guess you can blame the fumble on the coaches, because Ameer carried it to high, sure he hasn't been taught the correct way. Martinez's pick was the coaches fault, for thowing it to to far left of his reciever, and worst of all having no one telling them not to let the reciever get behind them, on the hail mary pass] <_<

GBR!!!

You put guys like JT in over Marlowe, even if he practices like sh#t. You let athletes who do not "know" your complicated schemes play over walk ons. You change your complicated scheme so athletes can play. You tell your OC to quit calling crap and stick with what works. You teach your QB to run and lay the wood, not make some defensive guys high light real.

You design a play, even one, to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers. If they can't grasp the play book, you give them one new play a game. Tell your OC to find a friggin identity by next season or find a new job. Move Reed to WR. Kid can't block.

These are all coaching issues. Nothing to do with the kids. You have kinnie and Quincy in on every play. If we are not passing at least make the DB's fear for their lives peeking inside to make a play. All season I have seen/heard about the physical play from both and I saw them one time today. They would have been great on the edge laying the wood against the smaller DB's.

Bo needs to Bo up.

novel concepts..............