the apple and the tree

Some are saying the word "Hothead" does not appear outside of Nebraska. I'm in Ohio. I can tell you for a fact that "hothead" is being used. I can also tell you the word "crazy" is being tossed around too. Only pointing out a reality...I'm not saying I'm against him or want him to go, just stating a fact.

People will not think you're a lunatic, a loose cannon, crazy, someone who appears to have been bitten by a rabid raccoon days earlier if you don't present that face on national tv. I used to play for Osborne and I've also been in the media for 30yrs. Two things are true. 1) Osborne and Pelini have different personalities...and there's nothing wrong with that, 2) The media is like the person who goes to the car race for no other purpose than to see a crash (or fight at a hockey match). It's just like the Tebow thing. The media is lurking in the shadows waiting for him to fail. You can bet your last dollar on it. We could have a long discussion about how people in my profession act, but I digress. As I said earlier, I'm not calling for Pelini to go anywhere. I honestly don't know anymore about this than what I see on television or when wandering the sideline at the Spring Game, but I do know that this perception comes from the "power of the visual medium, i.e. the television camera". Walking the sideline looking like a crazy man doesn't do you, me or the school any good...and there is no excuse for not knowing how this looks to the nation when they're watching us across the nation and likely around the globe. If you're ability to be a successful coach is based on how crazy you look/act on the sideline...we're doomed. I find it hard to believe that TO would have hired someone that "needs" to be that way.

People will not think you're a lunatic, a loose cannon, crazy, someone who appears to have been bitten by a rabid raccoon days earlier if you don't present that face on national tv. I used to play for Osborne and I've also been in the media for 30yrs. Two things are true. 1) Osborne and Pelini have different personalities...and there's nothing wrong with that, 2) The media is like the person who goes to the car race for no other purpose than to see a crash (or fight at a hockey match). It's just like the Tebow thing. The media is lurking in the shadows waiting for him to fail. You can bet your last dollar on it. We could have a long discussion about how people in my profession act, but I digress. As I said earlier, I'm not calling for Pelini to go anywhere. I honestly don't know anymore about this than what I see on television or when wandering the sideline at the Spring Game, but I do know that this perception comes from the "power of the visual medium, i.e. the television camera". Walking the sideline looking like a crazy man doesn't do you, me or the school any good...and there is no excuse for not knowing how this looks to the nation when they're watching us across the nation and likely around the globe. If you're ability to be a successful coach is based on how crazy you look/act on the sideline...we're doomed. I find it hard to believe that TO would have hired someone that "needs" to be that way.

This is a good post if you're hinting at what I think you're hinting at.

I'm not really hinting at anything. I'm willing to give this another year. I can tell you I've become "fatigued" with watching us over the last few years. I never know who's going to show up, i.e. if the coaches will have their act together, individual players will collapse, if the team as a whole will act as though they all went home by 3 minutes into the second half and on and on and on. I'm getting fatigued at watching us make fools of ourselves as we're showcased to a national audience. We can only ride the glory days so far and that seems to give us a bit of a 'pass'...but the rubber needs to meet the road once again. I always wonder how we can recruit top talent while the person we're trying to recruit sits at home watching another television embarrassment (which is not new to Pelini and his bunch). Then there's another aspect to all of this...the "money". I'm not talking about legal or illegal compensation of players (that's another thread...but I'll tell you, this program has been clean and any allegations or accusations of something like that would bring the media to us by the boatload salivating to help "make the mighty fall"). I'm getting at the money this program has been bringing in as well as the money they continue to solicit. At some point they're going to have to produce if they plan to keep asking for money all the time. I'm so "Red" it hurts...and always will be, but my wallet may still shut. As far as this staff is concerned, I'll give it another year. If they haven't figured it out by now they never will. Now, as a first step, let's get a QB who doesn't look like he's throwing a football for the very first time. Put him in a position where he can be more beneficial to the program.