Why I am Terrified About Next Year

Yeah.

I am kind of numb to football right now; the Capital One bowl and the Packers vs. Giants game were just two awful, shocking (pack at least), and ugly ways to end the season. I'm sure that in a couple of weeks I'll just be dying for it to be September again though.

I hate the offseason *cries self to sleep*

4. Special teams stink. Nebraska has a great kicker, but all other aspects are below average

OK I stopped reading this thread right about....there.

why, because you think our special teams are good? - Is it because we're ranked 10th in the B1G in opponents punt returns, or 11th in kickoff returns (including 10 of 30+, 5 of 40+)? Or because nationally we finished ranked 104th in both opponents punt returns, and kickoff returns. You're right, special teams were awesome this year. :sarcasm

• Fire 1
4. Special teams stink. Nebraska has a great kicker, but all other aspects are below average

why, because you think our special teams are good? - Is it because we're ranked 10th in the B1G in opponents punt returns, or 11th in kickoff returns (including 10 of 30+, 5 of 40+)? Or because nationally we finished ranked 104th in both opponents punt returns, and kickoff returns. You're right, special teams were awesome this year. :sarcasm

Hey, at least we don't have Santino Pacino (sp?) doing a statue imitation at the request of Billy C...................

Ok, you can't cherry pick the bad areas and ignore how great the kicking, punting were. And our own return game was average to good - and next year hopefully Abdullah can improve on the promise he showed this year. Our special teams as a whole are not great, but are definitely not bad.

• 7 months later...

I am still afraid of a terrible year (terrible defined as less than 8 wins). I have optimism because of last year. I was certain at half time of the Ohio State game that NU was an average team in the same category with Iowa. Then NU won against OHIO and did OK for the rest of the year. This year Beck still seems to lose his mind when calling plays and the NU defense makes Cosgrove look like an improvement.

If Michigan gets things straightened out it will be a miserable year here. I live 20 minutes from the Michigan campus.