CB Devian Shelton [USC Commit]

Nexus

Let's see what happens after he visit both schools.

Well if it's us and Tennessee we at least win the distance from home battle. :facepalm: Other than that.... stadiums close to the same size post our expansion, facilities I would imagine would be similar too, Academics we should have the edge... it'll be interesting to see who wins out here.

Unfortunately for UT, I believe Dooley's seat is very hot so that may be a factor, should he have another subpar season he's gone. If you actually look at on field results our CBS have faired better than theirs

To be honest it does, guy was apart of Bama's 2 NCs and will play that up to the fullest. We'll just have to see how our visit goes vs. theirs. I still question that staff's stability though.

I know that recruits probably won't know this, but Saban basically runs the defense. They even said it during the MNC game. Mushberger said he didn't even spend any time with the offense and focused on the defense completely. So, yes Sunseri was part of the Bama MNCs but he definitely wasn't the puppeteer.

To be honest it does, guy was apart of Bama's 2 NCs and will play that up to the fullest. We'll just have to see how our visit goes vs. theirs. I still question that staff's stability though.

I know that recruits probably won't know this, but Saban basically runs the defense. They even said it during the MNC game. Mushberger said he didn't even spend any time with the offense and focused on the defense completely. So, yes Sunseri was part of the Bama MNCs but he definitely wasn't the puppeteer.

Anyone that takes the time to look at the facts they would know this. However, in recruiting, as a coach you use every single talking point possible, it is just up to the recruit and advisers to see through it. To me this Sunseri hire was made to make a splash, Dooley knows his tail is on the line, and that's what I see in this hire.

Anyone that takes the time to look at the facts they would know this. However, in recruiting, as a coach you use every single talking point possible, it is just up to the recruit and advisers to see through it. To me this Sunseri hire was made to make a splash, Dooley knows his tail is on the line, and that's what I see in this hire.

This is a big move for the Vols. I would be a lot more worried about it if Devian was a LB though.

This is a big move for the Vols. I would be a lot more worried about it if Devian was a LB though.

I still feel the fact that he was on Saban's staff will be emphasised. Anything less than a 7-5 season and this hire will be short lived.

Who's Sunseri? Bama's defense is run by Saban and Kirby Smart. Per my other post, Dooley has 2 years left at Tenn. Shelton could be very good here...I like his game.

I am confused also, I thought he was a member of the Pitt staff until this past year. I know it was often talked about during televised Pitt games how he liked being able to coach and see his QB son play at the same time.

Who's Sunseri? Bama's defense is run by Saban and Kirby Smart. Per my other post, Dooley has 2 years left at Tenn. Shelton could be very good here...I like his game.

I am confused also, I thought he was a member of the Pitt staff until this past year. I know it was often talked about during televised Pitt games how he liked being able to coach and see his QB son play at the same time.

I think you're thinking of the Pitt QB. Maybe they're related.

I think you're thinking of the Pitt QB. Maybe they're related.

It is Sunseri's son.

Sal Sunseri was just named Tenneessee's DC. Before that he was the LB coach and Assistand HC at Bama. Before that he was the DL coach for the Carolina Panthers.

And yes it his sone Tino that is the starting QB at Pitt, his alma mater where he started his coaching career

Let's see what happens after he visit both schools.

Well if it's us and Tennessee we at least win the distance from home battle. :facepalm: Other than that.... stadiums close to the same size post our expansion, facilities I would imagine would be similar too, Academics we should have the edge... it'll be interesting to see who wins out here.

Unfortunately for UT, I believe Dooley's seat is very hot so that may be a factor, should he have another subpar season he's gone. If you actually look at on field results our CBS have faired better than theirs

I'm not exactly sure we can talk about anybody else's coach being on the hot seat when it seems a large faction of Husker fans are calling for Pelini to be ousted if we have another 9-win season.

How does Pelini's current status impact recruiting if at all?