SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

This may be true, but I have a difficult time not seeing him at NU. I will say this could be good for his star ranking.

a lot of people said the same thing about Peat. Its hard to know what these kids really think until they are signed. Until we start putting more wins in the win column and winning some trophies we just don't have the clout we used to. Unfortunate, but true. If you ask people to list the best programs in the country most people will not even have Nebraska sniffing their top ten, unless they grew up a Huskers fan. We just don't get much positive pub around the country. I live in Michigan and the only time I hear Nebraska mentioned is when they are playing one of the Michigan teams, otherwise we are pretty irrelevant. Sorry to rant, but it irritates me when kids are assumed to be going to NU. That approach ends up with a less talented team and less athletes being attracted from around the country. If we have this kind of talent in state, they should be the first ones we offer and get committed before they start to wander. If in state talent commits early (especially in Nebraska where the talent pool is pretty shallow) other teams will look elsewhere. IF they get in the door trouble starts. Get these kids offers! Stop screwing around or they are gone!

• Fire 1

Exactly. Banderas' situation is nothing like Andrus'. The only connection he had, as Fowler said, is Todd Jr is on Campus. Todd even stated that he would not push his younger brother. When a prospect lives close to a certain program, their level of exposure and bias increases for that person, in many cases. Not to mention if the prospect has a parent that played for the school, the kid gets brainwashed in a sense to lean toward that school, if it is a big time program especially. See Jordan Diggs. Had Andrus' lived in or around NE things may have been different.

True, i realize the situations arent exactly the same. I was talking more about ghe fact that we cannot afford to take these kids for granted just because they grew up in nebraska. We all get the same espn, including these kids. They dont see nebraska on college football live or sportscenter, they see sec teams, osu, oregon, and usc for the most part. Dont underestimate the effect that national exposure can have. I was saying exactly what you are talking about. If these kids are in neb we need to jump on them early so urban and others dont get a chance on them. To assume they will automatically go to nu because they grow up there and not pursuing them to the fullest will come back to bite us in the butt.

If we have this kind of talent in state, they should be the first ones we offer and get committed before they start to wander. If in state talent commits early (especially in Nebraska where the talent pool is pretty shallow) other teams will look elsewhere. IF they get in the door trouble starts. Get these kids offers! Stop screwing around or they are gone!

:yeah

Agree let's lock down guys like Banderas and Minter and get some momentum going for the class. Why let snakes like Saban and Meyer in the door?