Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Seeing as both UW and NU are both stuck with Adidas don't take this as a negative shot but we have probably the worst athletic equipment provider of the big 3 possible if we want some cool uni's...maybe its time to look at reebok, puma and starter.

you mention those three you might as well ask if wrangler or jordache could come up with something.... :hmmph

Chesty, and yes, wore dress blues nearly every single day for over 8 years. On recruiting duty with an over the top Commanding Officer. Also required while Marine Liaison at the AFEES for another two years. You actually develop a callus around your neck. I went through eleven jacktes in that time frame. Never ever enjoyed wearing them.

I was talking about dress uniforms. I'm no expert on collars or their names all I know is that there is a distinct difference between their dress uniforms and our ASUs. Those collars are antiquated, straight out of the early 20th century as far as fashion goes though I guess its coming back into style. They also look uncomfortable but that's not a knock. I think anyone you'd ask would say they have the best looking uniforms around.

One thing I've always found amusing is that every decade or so when the Army decides to (once again) screw with their uniforms, whichever General it is that's decided to ramrod his personal preferences down everyone's throat invariably states a 'lack of tradition' in the uniforms being part of the problem with the claim that HIS changes will suddenly create the required tradition.

Want your uniforms to develop a long standing & deeply ingrained tradition? Here's an idea...don't completely redesign them every 10 years. It's not rocket science.

First thing I thought of when I saw this:

Luke Skywalker's Bespin fatigues.

LOL

For teh win.

Muck, that has to be Chesty. Thought at first, Smedley, but not skinny enough.

Yep. During his time in Nicaragua (where he was awarded his first two Navy Crosses).

Chesty, and yes, wore dress blues nearly every single day for over 8 years. On recruiting duty with an over the top Commanding Officer. Also required while Marine Liaison at the AFEES for another two years.

How in the hell did you stay sane being away from a Fleet unit for so long?

Let me throw this question out there into the uniform discussion. First of all, for the record I am a traditionalist and I don't believe Nebraska should ever drastically change our uniforms just for the sake of doing so. I don't mind minor changes to the uniform certain years...just nothing drastic.

Now that we are in the Big 10, and considering both Nebraska and Wisconsin have Adidas as their apparel provider, what minor changes should be done to our uniforms so that we are not identical twins with the Wisconsin Badgers? See the two pictures below to see just how similar these two schools were this year as far as uniform design.

Rex-Burkhead.png

wisconsin_ball_montee.jpg

1) Out of Wisconsin & Nebraska, who should have to slightly change their uniforms first? Nebraska because we are new to the Big 10? Or Wisconsin because our tradition trumps theirs?

2) If minor changes were made to the Nebraska uniforms for 2012, what changes would you like to see?

3) If minor changes were made to the Wisconsin uniforms for 2012, what changes would you like to see? (This one's for you Badger fan) :D

All of you who are good with Photoshop feel free to have fun with this one, and show us what you got. But remember we said "minor changes."

I was on recruiting duty at the end of the Viet Nam war, IF you were succesfull you could not get out of it. If you completed your first 5 year tour and averaged over 5 accessions a month, you were literally forced to take a second tour. Great for making rank, but not so good for family life. Our working hours were 7 days a week 12 hours a day. 150 phone calls a day. It was actually worse than combat duty in honesty as far as time required on the job. Loved the job, hated the people I worked for. Last two years got a great OIC and life became bearable. Lost over 120 days of leave on recuiting duty. Not granted very often. But I worked for one of the most assinine officers I have ever met in my life. Either way it was fun job, just not much of a family life after two tours in Viet Nam.

Sorry for the Hijack.

1) Out of Wisconsin & Nebraska, who should have to slightly change their uniforms first? Nebraska because we are new to the Big 10? Or Wisconsin because our tradition trumps theirs?

2) If minor changes were made to the Nebraska uniforms for 2012, what changes would you like to see?

3) If minor changes were made to the Wisconsin uniforms for 2012, what changes would you like to see? (This one's for you Badger fan) :D

All of you who are good with Photoshop feel free to have fun with this one, and show us what you got. But remember we said "minor changes."

1. There is no right answer to this one. Both sides have their argument, so I propose that both teams just make a few minor changes. They are basically the same uniform...

2. I would prefer we don't change the helmet. The helmet is a big part of identifying teams. I wouldn't mind changing the stripes on either the jersey or pants, maybe switch the numbers up a little bit. It would be pretty cool if we had a unique pattern down the side of our pants, like a corn pattern? Haven't thought to much about this.

Let me throw this question out there into the uniform discussion. First of all, for the record I am a traditionalist and I don't believe Nebraska should ever drastically change our uniforms just for the sake of doing so. I don't mind minor changes to the uniform certain years...just nothing drastic.

Now that we are in the Big 10, and considering both Nebraska and Wisconsin have Adidas as their apparel provider, what minor changes should be done to our uniforms so that we are not identical twins with the Wisconsin Badgers? See the two pictures below to see just how similar these two schools were this year as far as uniform design.

Rex-Burkhead.png

wisconsin_ball_montee.jpg

I am not so sure we are going to have to worry about this for too long. Last I heard, Wisconsin was considering dropping Adidas after the major allegations about the working rights/conditions in Indonesia. That was a few weeks ago so maybe some of the Badgers fans might have newer information. I didn't hear anything about Nebraska with relation to the issue.

For all intents and purposes, here are some I have drawn up, with one shown below. Some of you may be tired of seeing it by now but its here. If someone has a look and wants me to work something up, provide the picture you want used and I can work on it.

6184074034_921efca255.jpg

I wouldn't mind an alternate look. Black for black sake is common and considering the Huskers already use it elsewhere I am not opposed to it making an appearance in football.

• Fire 1

The uniforms do not play the game, the players do. Our colors are not black and white! They are scarlet and cream, always been that and always will be. It really chaffs my rear end when the volleyball players wear black, or any other NU team. As I have said many times, the color of the uniform will not win the game. It is the players who win the games.

3) If minor changes were made to the Wisconsin uniforms for 2012, what changes would you like to see?

Capes

I see someone needs to watch The Incredibles again.

That's actually one that has miraculously stayed in the Disney Vault at the NUpolo8 household for some reason......I have seen the Toy Story vehicles enough to come up with some pretty disturbing questions/theories not answered by the Pixar tea, however.....