Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

bosch-poster-amazon-studios.jpg

Bosch is an Amazon TV series based on the detective series by Michael Connelly. The first season follows Harry Bosch, a LAPD homicide detective, who is dealing with a civil suit against him for shooting a murder suspect while trying to solve two high profile cases, a murder of a child from 20 yrs ago that was recently brought to light and a serial killer (with the potential that the two are related). My wife and I started this series two days ago and are already at the final episode.

all-may12.jpg

I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. Puts things into perspective or at least that's the feeling I had after watching this. So much more than a simple skateboarding doc. I'll probably watch this a 2nd time.

Haven't seen the documentary yet so they might touch on it, but fun fact: Tas Pappas was one of 4-5 dudes all racing to try and land the 900 first before Tony Hawk did it in the '99 X-Games. Him, Tony, Rob Boyce and Danny Way were all trying it nonstop that entire year.

• Fire 1

all-may12.jpg

I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. Puts things into perspective or at least that's the feeling I had after watching this. So much more than a simple skateboarding doc. I'll probably watch this a 2nd time.

Haven't seen the documentary yet so they might touch on it, but fun fact: Tas Pappas was one of 4-5 dudes all racing to try and land the 900 first before Tony Hawk did it in the '99 X-Games. Him, Tony, Rob Boyce and Danny Way were all trying it nonstop that entire year.

Yes I remember and that is covered in this doc and without giving anything away there was some drama involved with Hawk, Pappas and the 99 X-games where Tony did actually land it. I had no idea until I saw this.

Started watching Alpha House (Amazon Prime) and Orange is the New Black. Both are pretty good.

I been thinking of swtching to Amazon Prime. But every time I look into it there's still stuff left on Netflix I want to watch.

I like having Prime and Netflix together because they both have great series' to watch.

I have Prime & Netflix, too. I haven't watched a single thing on Prime yet. We've had both since about July last year, and I'm not remotely done watching stuff on Netflix yet.

Started watching Alpha House (Amazon Prime) and Orange is the New Black. Both are pretty good.

I been thinking of swtching to Amazon Prime. But every time I look into it there's still stuff left on Netflix I want to watch.

I like having Prime and Netflix together because they both have great series' to watch.

I have Prime & Netflix, too. I haven't watched a single thing on Prime yet. We've had both since about July last year, and I'm not remotely done watching stuff on Netflix yet.

Yeah. Just when you think you've seen all the good stuff, they add more. :lol:

I'm getting toward the end of 30 Rock. Never watched it on TV, but now that I can binge, it's a lot of fun. I would like to go back through Scrubs too, but that'll take at least two months at the rate I watch shows.

The wife & I are watching Doctor Who together. I think we started watching them in September, and we're finally on the last season available on Netflix. It's a bit of a double-edged sword having that many episodes at hand - it becomes your life watching these shows. I like Doctor Who, but it's getting pretty tedious at this point. Like a chore you have to complete rather than entertainment.

Try Alpha House. It's a 30 minute comedy with John Goodman in it. It's about 4 GOP senators that share a house. They just finished season 2.

Does Amazon Prime carry a lot of the same shows as Netflix? My buddy has Netflix and said they made an announce saying they were going to cut out a lot of their older movies and tv series, and make it more of a quality over quantity type of service, I guess going by what people are streaming.

Does Amazon Prime carry a lot of the same shows as Netflix? My buddy has Netflix and said they made an announce saying they were going to cut out a lot of their older movies and tv series, and make it more of a quality over quantity type of service, I guess going by what people are streaming.

Some same some different

Netflix orignal series "Marco Polo" is pretty good 4 episodes in.... I don't know how historically accurate it is, but i don't really care either. Plot line is slow to develop, or very detailed, depending on your point of view.....

Still not convinced?

Bonus: A lot of naked Chinese/Mongolian women.

I've been watching Marco Polo too. Pretty good so far. And yes, the naked Chinese chicks are a plus! :lol:

Just finished season 1 of Marco Polo. (I had quit watching it for several weeks, then came back and finished the season.) All in all it was pretty good. I like historical fiction because I generally learn something in the process. For example I learned that ...

... Kublai Khan's Mongol troops used counterweight trebuchets to breach the walls of Xiangyang city, the stronghold of the Song dynasty. OTOH, I find the Blind Monk swordsman to be a silly distraction in the series. I mean, blind? Really? It just seems so incredibly unrealistic that a blind person could be a swordfighter. That one thing makes the series Marco Polo seem unrealistic and cartoonish.

But even with all its faults and inaccuracies, I'd give the series a thumbs up. And I'd give the naked Chinese two thumbs up! (Actually, more like three. lol)

Daniel.jpg

Watched "The Book of Daniel" a couple days ago. If you're looking for an action packed saga with sex and violence, this probly isn't your best choice. But if you want to see a movie that portrays the bible book of Daniel with fair accuracy, then I'd say it's a pretty good movie. At least I thought it was pretty good. :thumbs:

bosch-poster-amazon-studios.jpg

Bosch is an Amazon TV series based on the detective series by Michael Connelly. The first season follows Harry Bosch, a LAPD homicide detective, who is dealing with a civil suit against him for shooting a murder suspect while trying to solve two high profile cases, a murder of a child from 20 yrs ago that was recently brought to light and a serial killer (with the potential that the two are related). My wife and I started this series two days ago and are already at the final episode.

Just finished this series. Really good show.