Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 4/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, Moiraine said:

Started Lost in Space.

I doubt this is too spoilery - I'm annoyed because if you're in a place where water freezes quickly, you shouldn't be able to stand around next to the water comfortably without even your hood up. The makers must never have lived in a cold-weather area.

Yeah ..... annoying too.  For some reason, I watched the entire Lost in Space first episode.  Even more, long slide from glacier ice to green jungle !!

Flapping robot's arms from original TV episodes ....... LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

danger-will-robinson.jpg

Edited by Hooked on Huskers

image_e85cdba8.jpeg

McFarland, USA. LINK  Based on the true story of a 1987 cross country team from a mainly Latino high school in McFarland, California, the film stars Kevin Costner as Jim White, the school's coach, who leads the team to win a state championship. 

Not on Netfix yet.  I think it was on HBO on-demand.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The other night, i finally got a chance to watch the movie, Orphan, on HBO.  I had wanted to see the movie after having read a book called "The Kurim Case", and hearing that the movie was inspired somewhat by a bizarre, twisted, and terrifying ordeal in the Czech Republic.   No spoilers given here, but, I have to say that after reading what I read and then watching the movie - the real life story is a million times worse and a bazillion times weirder.

• Plus1 1

Trying to get caught up on my Marvel universe viewing so watched Doctor Strange and Avengers Civil War this weekend (both on Netflix). Liked both of them a lot, and now I understand who Black Panther is. Still have to see Black Panther, Age of Ultron and Thor Ragnarok but then I should be ready for Infinity War.

Also have been watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime. I think it's a great futuristic sci-fi series and definitely recommend it if that genre appeals to you.

• Plus1 1

Mitch Hurwitz has been re-editing season 4 of Arrested Development to make it fit together like normal rather than the 1 character story per episode format

Netflix's re-edit of ‘Arrested Development’ season 4 arrives May 4th

Not everyone loved the fourth season of Arrested Development. Each episode focused on one character and full storylines didn't really come together until the very end of the season. Because the storytelling was so different from that of earlier seasons, some fans of the show found the latest installment to be a little off-putting. And that's why way back in 2014, the show's creator, Mitch Hurwitz, said he would be re-editing the show's fourth season, rearranging the scenes so that they flow chronologically rather than having each episode focus on a single character. Now, well over three years later, Hurwitz has announced that the shuffled fourth season will debut on Netflix this Friday.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:20 AM, NUance said:

81UYBoSnHBL._RI_.jpg

There are a bunch of great Ken Burns documentaries on Netflix.  Right now I'm watching The Roosevelts. 

We watched - I think - five episodes of this. Just couldn't slog through the whole thing. It's 14 or more hours, and while it's interesting stuff, ain't nobody got time for that!