Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 7/31/2018 at 3:10 PM, Big Red 40 said:

took a while to get used to Dexter with a British accent but i really liked the show. I watched it all in a few days .

Thanks guys. Good show! Wonder if they are going to do a second season about...

SPOILED... but not really... do scroll past though...

Pete standing up against that wooden gate... never figured out what that was about. Could be the launch point for a season 2

• Plus1 1

On 8/1/2018 at 2:26 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Last Chance U (2017 Kansas JUCO football - real story)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80091742

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/malik-henry-208473

OleMiss, Oregon and Huskers wants him (school offer).  I thought he was a poor attitude and/or lack of interest in the first few Netflix episodes

Hard, hard pass on Henry. He's going back to ICC this year because he had no P5 offers this year. 

On 8/8/2018 at 10:07 PM, ScottyIce said:

Thanks guys. Good show! Wonder if they are going to do a second season about...

SPOILED... but not really... do scroll past though...

Pete standing up against that wooden gate... never figured out what that was about. Could be the launch point for a season 2

It's all but been confirmed there will not be a second season.   There's brief dialog that Pete tells Tom that he uses loose boards in the fence to sneak in to his lover's house undetected.   Though we never meet his man, I think that scene shows him standing there waiting for the right opportunity to sneak through to his house.

1 hour ago, sho said:

It's all but been confirmed there will not be a second season.   There's brief dialog that Pete tells Tom that he uses loose boards in the fence to sneak in to his lover's house undetected.   Though we never meet his man, I think that scene shows him standing there waiting for the right opportunity to sneak through to his house.

Ahh, there it is. Thanks! Missed that part.

We watched a charming little show over the weekend. Not sure if it's a Netflix original or if it came & went from the box office with little fanfare. It's not the kind of movie I'd pay to see in a theater.

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

Set in Britain in 1946, just after the war, it's the story of a London reporter/author who goes to Guernsey, a British isle just off the French coast that was occupied by the Nazis during the war. One of the "society" people exchanged letters with the London writer during the war, and some books, and when the war was over she went from London to Guernsey to meet the "society" and maybe write about them. 

There are a ton of actors from Downton Abbey, some from Sherlock, and the lead guy (the guy who corresponded with the London writer, Lily James) had a role in Game of Thrones.

If you liked Downton Abbey, you'll like The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society.

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

We watched a charming little show over the weekend. Not sure if it's a Netflix original or if it came & went from the box office with little fanfare. It's not the kind of movie I'd pay to see in a theater.

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

Set in Britain in 1946, just after the war, it's the story of a London reporter/author who goes to Guernsey, a British isle just off the French coast that was occupied by the Nazis during the war. One of the "society" people exchanged letters with the London writer during the war, and some books, and when the war was over she went from London to Guernsey to meet the "society" and maybe write about them. 

There are a ton of actors from Downton Abbey, some from Sherlock, and the lead guy (the guy who corresponded with the London writer, Lily James) had a role in Game of Thrones.

If you liked Downton Abbey, you'll like The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society.

MV5BM2FlNWRlYTItMjlmZi00ZTUzLWI2OTUtNTc3

• Plus1 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Just finished binging season 1 of "The Sinner".   It reminded me a little bit of Twin Peaks.  A detective thriller with some weird peripheral stuff going on.  It's worth watching.  

On 8/9/2018 at 9:53 AM, Xmas32 said:

I've deliberately been holding off on watching Succession until the season wrapped up so I could blow through the season in a week.  Will report back once I've finished up.

It's good ... I'd compare it to season one of Breaking Bad ... slow to start, not bad but you're not sure what you're watching and then by the end - IN.

Just binged Killing Eve, definitely deserved the accolades. Spy thriller, assassins, bit of a dark comedy and fairly brutal. Great camera work, good writing. One of those shows that gets better and better with each episode.

Btw we have all seen some girls plays psychopaths or bad girls, but this to me is the most chilling.

22 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

absolutely gripping 

The book is better (of course, lol)  it really is.  Its a short book 

I did not know it was short, that changes things, I might read it.

I LOVED that the movie was basically two parts, that was perfect.  The mom won an oscar, she was amazing.  I didn't really understand William H Macey's role, did you?  For a few minutes I sort of thought he in on it, you know?