Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 2 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Daredevil Season 3 is great. If you enjoyed season 1, you'll really enjoy this one. 

Good to hear.  Will probably start it tonight.

Watched Haunting of Hill House over the weekend.  It has a 9.1 on IMDB.  It's good but not sure it's quite THAT good.  I'd probably give it a 7.5 - 8.  Regardless, it's definitely worth a watch if you like that sort of show/movie.

You watched Making a Murderer, Part 2, premieres on Oct. 19 ??? (10 episodes). Interesting, equal to Part 1.  Of course, biased, again.  Anyway at first, I didn't really like Kathleen Zellner but the last 2 or 3 episodes, she was okay.  And I can't handle smiley Laura's face (escape last name).

BTW, guilty or not? (Avery &  Dassey).  How about additional suspects ....... Scott Tadych , Bobby Dassey and Teresa's boyfriend ?

On 5/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, knapplc said:

I am hugely disappointed to discover the Joel McHale show on Netflix is only going to have short series.  They ended this one after 13 episodes. 

This show is the only way I stay connected to pop culture. I'm never going to actually watch the Kardashians or Jersey Shore, but since everyone talks about them it's useful to have at least a little bit of familiarity with who/what they're talking about.  Plus it's funny to watch Joel skewer these people.  I really liked The Soup, and reviving it this way was something I really looked forward to.  Imagine my horror to find out it's mostly over for a while.

Apparently they're doing a short series this summer, which is good. But this is a show which really should be on every week, like John Oliver's show.

They're canceling this show, and I can't be more opposed to the decision. This is good, clean fun and it can't cost that much to produce. 

21 hours ago, GSG said:

Anyone watching The Haunting of Hill House? It's pretty good. I saw one review describe it as "This is Us' but scary :lol:

Finished this last night. The ending was a little cheesy, but overall the show was pretty cool. There are TONS of hidden ghosts in the backgrounds. Had to leave a light on last night so my GF could sleep :D

Gonna hit the Netflix hard this weekend and am stoked to see a couple movies that just came out.  First one is "Private Life" with Kathryn Hahn and Paul Giamatti.

Second is "The Night Comes From Us".  If anyone has seen the "The Raid" this movies stars some of the same actors.  If you're a fan of non stop action and absolutely incredible fight scenes this movie (plus "The Raid" and "The Raid 2") are right up your alley.  Just a disclaimer, these movies are incredibly, incredibly violent so if you're squeamish at all, I'd pass.  Also, the movies are Indonesian and do have subtitles although the dialogue is usually kept to a minimum so it isn't too distracting if subtitles bug you.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, GSG said:

Finished this last night. The ending was a little cheesy, but overall the show was pretty cool. There are TONS of hidden ghosts in the backgrounds. Had to leave a light on last night so my GF could sleep :D

We watched the first 2 episodes last night.   So far, we think it's great, and it's doing a great job of creeping out my wife.   Probably finish the season this week.   The way it ended, could they do a second season?