Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

1 hour ago, sho said:

We watched the first 2 episodes last night.   So far, we think it's great, and it's doing a great job of creeping out my wife.   Probably finish the season this week.   The way it ended, could they do a second season?

I didn't really think about it at the time and then I started seeing articles about it. Most of them talk about how it would have to be about a different family, or dive in deeper into one of the Crain's stories.

If The Haunting Of Hill House gets another season, it won't be about the Crain family

How THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE Sets Up a Possible Season 2

Been watching Electric Dreams on Prime. Extremely like Black Mirror. Each episode is a stand-alone story of the futuristic sci-fi nature. Really liked the first 3 episodes and the others are slightly hit or miss, most good in their own way. Many of them have a fairly well known main character; Steve Buscemi, Bryan Cranston.... If you liked the better episodes of Black Mirror, you will like this.

• Plus1 1
On 10/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, GSG said:

Anyone watching The Haunting of Hill House? It's pretty good. I saw one review describe it as "This is Us' but scary :lol:

My wife and I watched it and loved it. (BTW... I hate that someone described it as a scary "This is Us.")

I thought the ending was a bit cheesy like you said but it was very good overall. Few shows leave me somewhat shaken and thinking about what I just saw afterwards but this was one of those. It's like a heartbreaking, heartwarming and scary c$%ktail. I'm also just creeped out now... looking over my shoulder in the house way more than I do after other horror shows.:lol:

The Bent Neck Lady and Two Storms were probably the two best episodes.

33 minutes ago, Enhance said:

My wife and I watched it and loved it. (BTW... I hate that someone described it as a scary "This is Us.")

I thought the ending was a bit cheesy like you said but it was very good overall. Few shows leave me somewhat shaken and thinking about what I just saw afterwards but this was one of those. It's like a heartbreaking, heartwarming and scary c$%ktail. I'm also just creeped out now... looking over my shoulder in the house way more than I do after other horror shows.:lol:

The Bent Neck Lady and Two Storms were probably the two best episodes.

How many hidden ghosts did you see?

18 hours ago, GSG said:

How many hidden ghosts did you see?

I think I caught maybe 70-80% of them. We watched the first two episodes and I saw one in the second episode. I then saw a Buzzfeed article about 'all the ghosts you're missing' and we hadn't realized there were so many of them buried in different scenes. I give a lot of credit to the filmmakers, though - they did a really good job hiding them in some cases. Perhaps the most blatantly obvious one was in episode nine when they're in the kitchen and there's a white faced woman in a black dress peering at them from some kind of pantry.

Well I gave The Haunting of Hill House another try and I’m glad I did. I originally gave up on it the first time on episode 2. Something about the older sister and the mortuary scenes turned me off coupled with the timeline jumping back and forth. But then I saw all these good reviews and started it again. I’m not real keen on the horror/scary genre but I really liked this one and it helped a bunch when they started circling back and answering stuff a piece at a time. And there was plenty of creepy. It’s one of those shows that leaves you feeling a little strange for awhile afterwards. I’d recommend.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Yeah, I'm a couple episodes in and I keep finding myself saying, "Geez, I really don't care about this anymore."  

Was thinking the same thing. I powered thru, holding out hope that it would at least have a compelling ending. I didn’t like it. Curious as to what you think of the final episode. 

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s one of those shows that leaves you feeling a little strange for awhile afterwards. I’d recommend.

So true. At the core, its really about family, addiction, and trauma, and how they can tear a family apart, wrapped in a 'horror' overcoat.

The Bent Neck Lady episode and Two Storms left me sort of speechless after seeing them. Two Storms was fascinating because the whole thing was filmed in something like 4-5 takes. Two of those takes were more than 15 minutes long.

• Fire 1
12 hours ago, Fru said:

Was thinking the same thing. I powered thru, holding out hope that it would at least have a compelling ending. I didn’t like it. Curious as to what you think of the final episode. 

Will do.  I know I'll need to finish it because I invested so much time watching the first 5 episodes.  Watching the last 6 episodes is essentially a sunk cost for me haha.

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I was so into House of Cards...but not so much...

The part two of Making a Murderer is good and American Vandal II is freaking funny.

HoC got a little sideways after season 2. Watching Frank scheme his way to the top was great television, once he was there it got a little less compelling. The way the final season was written really bummed me out. 

Agreed on Making a Murderer Part 2 and American Vandal. Great social commentary from AV. 

Just now, Xmas32 said:

Will do.  I know I'll need to finish it because I invested so much time watching the first 5 episodes.  Watching the last 6 episodes is essentially a sunk cost for me haha.

Lol right, it feels almost like an obligation.