Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

We watched the season finale of True Detective season three last night. Really, really good show.

Spoiler

The final episode was a tad anti-climactic though. We pretty much knew everything heading into it so it felt like they largely just had loose ends to tie up. 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:07 PM, Scarlet Overkill said:

Last night I watched “Abducted in Plain Sight”.  It had me repeatedly screaming at the tv because these people were such ...how do I put this nicely... MORONS.  Their daughter was abducted TWICE, by the same guy, and each thing they did leading up to the abductions was just so mind blowingly stupid.  I’m still screaming.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, sho said:

I watched it last night.  It took us nearly 3 hours to watch it. We kept pausing it going WTF??   They really aren't this stupid, are they?  And 5 minutes later they would prove they could be even more stupid than I thought.    I then had to Google it was a real thing and not some sort of acting, CPS should have taken the other 2 girls away as well.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, GSG said:

Watching Abducted in Plain Sight and we're just like WTAF? :blink:

Ha. I had to watch this to see what all these WTF's we're about. I just got done with it and still don't believe how weak and clueless these people were. I mean they actually tell this story but I'm not sure why. Nobody NOBODY is ever going to fall into the same traps they did. I'd be embarrassed to admit I was that stupid. I agree CPS should've taken all the children from them. Makes ya wonder WTH law enforcement does in Idaho. But those parents.....nothing to say but WTF.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Now that I've seen both shows, this may be the post of the year. Wish I could give it more +1's

That is hilarious . I haven't seen Fyre fest (Going to) but Abducted in plain sight was a total train wreck. I had to verify it as a real thing, i couldn't believe so many people could be that naive/dumb at the same time. sheesh :ahhhhhhhh

On 2/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Ballers 

Sopranos  

Game of thrones 

Six feet under 

Westworld

Big little lies 

Silicon Valley 

True Detective

John Oliver 

On 2/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, NM11046 said:

Also,

Deadwood

Rome

HBO Sports w/Bryant Gumble is great too, and there are tons of excellent specials and documentaries. 

Good lists.  Needs to include The Wire.  Absolutely masterful show.  I need to do a another rewatch one of these days.

• Plus1 1

Been watching The Orville on Hulu. It's better than I anticipated or expected from Seth Macfarlane. It's a lot like Star Trek but with frequent comedic interludes ala Family Guy. It's not really a series you're tempted to binge hard but the episodes are entertaining. Very good for light viewing or a change of pace.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Been watching The Orville on Hulu. It's better than I anticipated or expected from Seth Macfarlane. It's a lot like Star Trek but with frequent comedic interludes ala Family Guy. It's not really a series you're tempted to binge hard but the episodes are entertaining. Very good for light viewing or a change of pace.

I love it.

Finished The Orville, or rather have gone as far as possible on Hulu since new episodes are being added weekly. It's strange but I really enjoyed it. You don't expect the comedy and lack of seriousness of Seth Macfarlane to blend well with fairly serious and well thought out sci-fi storylines but they work together very well.

Also would recommend the Studio 54 doc on Netflix. I did not know much about Studio 54 or the owners, only that it was the place to be in NY in the mid-late 70's and represented the sex/drugs/disco excess of the era. It was interesting and Informative.