Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 3/12/2019 at 9:48 AM, Xmas32 said:

On the flip side the new John Mulaney stand up special is fantastic.

Started up a Black Mirror re-watch.  Man...I can't watch more than 2 every couple days.  Just got through the episode with the bees.

It is the definition of a "mind eff" when you finish an episode.

I watched a whole season in about a week and it honestly messed with my head a bit.

I didnt really get too worked up about the bandersnatch episode but black mirror will mess with you. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It is the definition of a "mind eff" when you finish an episode.

I watched a whole season in about a week and it honestly messed with my head a bit.

I didnt really get too worked up about the bandersnatch episode but black mirror will mess with you. 

Yup, agree with you there.

Next up on my list is the new Ricky Gervais show After Life.  My buddy just got through it and said it was phenomenal, a real mix of some absolutely hilarious scenes and some touching and dark stuff too which makes sense given the subject matter.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:00 AM, teachercd said:

Stranger Things is great but this (what seems like) long lay off between seasons is not helping keep my interest.  

I think it's better than when I binge watch a series. After binge watching, I have trouble remembering anything from that series later. But with the series that I take a break from between seasons, I can recall what happened and have discussions with other people about the show.

A couple fairly new ones on Netflix;

Triple Frontier

I really enjoyed it. Basically a buddy/heist film but done enough differently that it seemed fresh. Plus it had some star power. Ben Affleck, Charlie Hunnam (Jax from SOA) and the guy that played the Viper on GoT. Anyway pretty good flick.

The Dirt

Biography/Documentary about Motley Crue. I found it very interesting and worthwhile even though I didn't feel it was very well made. I guess I knew those guys were a little out of control and partiers but damn... I'd sure recommend watching it unless you already know all there is to know about the Crüe.

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Triple Frontier

I really enjoyed it. Basically a buddy/heist film but done enough differently that it seemed fresh. Plus it had some star power. Ben Affleck, Charlie Hunnam (Jax from SOA) and the guy that played the Viper on GoT. Anyway pretty good flick.

The Dirt

Biography/Documentary about Motley Crue. I found it very interesting and worthwhile even though I didn't feel it was very well made. I guess I knew those guys were a little out of control and partiers but damn... I'd sure recommend watching it unless you already know all there is to know about the Crüe.

The Dirt

I think I expected more but I am not really sure what more I expected.  It almost felt like 4 drama/sitcoms mashed into one movie that was too short.

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

The Dirt

I think I expected more but I am not really sure what more I expected.  It almost felt like 4 drama/sitcoms mashed into one movie that was too short.

It does the book no justice.  So in other words it is like every other book to movie adaptation 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

It does the book no justice.  So in other words it is like every other book to movie adaptation 

Yeah, I have heard that the book is really good.  

I almost wonder if the movie would have been better as a drama/comedy 45 minute show with like 10 episodes.  

Formula 1: Drive To Survive was terrific.  I don't follow Formula 1 at all and outside of Lewis Hamilton and I think there is a driver named Vettel I'm entirely clueless when it comes to the drivers, teams, etc.  It feels a little Hard Knocksy at times which makes sense since I read that the Formula 1 Group gave a ton of backstage access for the documentary.  As someone completely new to Formula 1, I really enjoyed it.  It's very slickly shot and let's be honest...dudes driving multi-million dollar cars at 200+ mph and willing to put everything on the line is going to be pretty compelling television more often than not.

WE'VE BEEN WATCHING "THE ACT" ON HULU. IT'S THE STORY OF GYPSY ROSE BLANCHARD AND THE MURDER OF HER MOTHER DEE DEE BLANCHARD. FROM WHAT I'VE READ IT'S PRETTY ACCURATE TO THE TRUE STORY WHICH MAKES IT PRETTY MESSED UP

ALSO, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SOME EARLY 2000S NOSTALGIA, CHECK OUT PEN15. THAT SHOW IS SO FREAKING WEIRD AND FUNNY

On 3/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, JJ Husker said:

Triple Frontier

The Dirt

I to watch Triple Frontier, it was pretty good.  Not great but worth the 2 hours I spent watching it.  

Will probably watch The Dirt this weekend.