Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I watched this last spring.  It was great!  I can't wait for season 2.  It was nice to see a "superhero" movie that doesn't follow the same old story lines.

My thoughts exactly.  That, and the characters are all so flawed, which makes it more interesting.  Best scene of the series:  The ice cream truck scene (playing "Ride of the Valkyries"---How awesome was that??)   

I have a couple theories about the characters:   

Spoiler

1) I think Hargraves could travel in time. 

2) I think Five is actually a younger version of Sir Reginald Hargraves.  

3) I think Hargraves was somehow responsible for all the kids born on the same day including the Umbrella Academy children.  I suspect he somehow did this through time travel to get kids who have superpowers.  

Did you notice that Hargraves' mansion was actually the HQ home office where The Handler works?  

On 8/12/2019 at 8:35 PM, JJ Husker said:

I have to give another shoutout for The Boys on Prime. I’m not a huge superhero fan and that may be why I liked this one cuz these “superhero’s” are scumbags. I guess it’s different because they’re such selfish uncaring dicks.

Also watched The Great Hack on Netflix (about Cambridge Analytica). It was sort of interesting but not really anything new and I felt they could’ve done a much better job explaining and telling the story. Kinda disappointing.

Just started watching this and it's bad a$$!

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

El Camino is on Netflix. It follows Jesse Pinkman right after the end of Breaking Bad.

Just watched it.  I'd say definitely worth it for BB fans.  

Side note:  Crazy that Robert Forster died today, the same day El Camino was released. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Just watched it.  I'd say definitely worth it for BB fans.  

Side note:  Crazy that Robert Forster died today, the same day El Camino was released. 

Wow, that is crazy. Just got done watching El Camino, came here to say exactly what you said (BB fans need to watch it) and then I see you posted that RF died today. Crazy.

Unless Felina (the last episode of BB) is fresh in your mind, I'd recommend watching it immediately preceding El Camino. Anyway that's what I did. They run seamlessly together.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Wow, that is crazy. Just got done watching El Camino, came here to say exactly what you said (BB fans need to watch it) and then I see you posted that RF died today. Crazy.

Unless Felina (the last episode of BB) is fresh in your mind, I'd recommend watching it immediately preceding El Camino. Anyway that's what I did. They run seamlessly together.

I liked it a lot.  It almost could have been like a 6 episode spinoff if they had wanted to go that route.

I don't expect actors to stay skinny forever, 'cause they're real people. But in El Camino

Todd looks like he's had botox injections in his face.

With Jesse it wasn't as noticeable because he gained 10-15 pounds over the course of Breaking Bad, and looks pretty close to what he did at the end.

Then there's Bryan Cranston who doesn't seem to have aged much. I almost thought they had just found some old footage, but Jesse had aged so it was clearly a newly shot scene.