Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 1/9/2020 at 10:38 PM, GSG said:

Started the new Dracula miniseries on Netflix. Followed Bram Stoker's book pretty closely. It's pretty intense and creepy. Need to rewatch the second episode though cuz I was making that vegetarian Shepherd's pie at the same time

Bummer that there are only three episodes released so far.  But they're pretty great.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, GSG said:

This Aaron Hernandez show on Netflix is something else

I didn’t like it near as well as Don’t f**k with Cats but worth watching for anyone interested in understanding his ordeal. I think AH was just a straight up psychopath. His family life sure didn’t help anything but it also sure didn’t take much to tip him towards murderous maniac. Some of those phone call recordings while he was in prison :facepalm:....not a single ounce of remorse in that guy.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I didn’t like it near as well as Don’t f**k with Cats but worth watching for anyone interested in understanding his ordeal. I think AH was just a straight up psychopath. His family life sure didn’t help anything but it also sure didn’t take much to tip him towards murderous maniac. Some of those phone call recordings while he was in prison :facepalm:....not a single ounce of remorse in that guy.

What kinda pisses me off is all the people wanting to blame it all on CTE. I'm all for making the game safer and keeping guys healthy but Hernandez was in with some bad people, CTE or not. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, GSG said:

What kinda pisses me off is all the people wanting to blame it all on CTE. I'm all for making the game safer and keeping guys healthy but Hernandez was in with some bad people, CTE or not. 

I agree. I don’t think CTE had anything to do with it. I’d lean towards blaming his overbearing father and emotionally detached mother but there have been a helluva lot of people who have overcome much worse and didn’t end up shooting people for no good reason. He was going to be a bad egg no matter what me thinks. He might of had a chance if he wasn’t so talented and was surrounded with people who cared more about him instead of just his ability.

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched the first season of "Rise of Empires: Ottoman."  Pretty good so far.  It's a historical drama with snippets of documentary mixed in to explain the situation.  The first season covered the fall of Constantinople.  

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/31/2019 at 11:15 PM, NUance said:

I rewatched most of the Breaking Bad series.  I didn't appreciate how great the song Baby Blue fit the end scene.  The last episode.  Wow.  Best last episode evar of any series.  

I just watched El Camino - A Breaking Bad Movie.  Very very disappointed.  Just bad.  Not worth the effort.

El_camino_bb_film_poster.jpg

But I enjoyed Better Call Saul series.  Jimmy, Kim, Mike, Chuck, Gay Howard, Fring, Hector, etc .... all excellent.

BTW, I had watched the entire BB episodes, three times !  The best.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:30 AM, Hooked on Huskers said:

I just watched El Camino - A Breaking Bad Movie.  Very very disappointed.  Just bad.  Not worth the effort.

El_camino_bb_film_poster.jpg

But I enjoyed Better Call Saul series.  Jimmy, Kim, Mike, Chuck, Gay Howard, Fring, Hector, etc .... all excellent.

BTW, I had watched the entire BB episodes, three times !  The best.

Heh, I'm surprised you didn't like El Camino.  To each his own, I guess.   But wasn't the scene awesome with the ... 

Spoiler

gunfight where Jesse used his grandad's .22 pistol:   

7 hours ago, NUance said:

Heh, I'm surprised you didn't like El Camino.  To each his own, I guess.   But wasn't the scene awesome with the ... 

Hide contents

gunfight where Jesse used his grandad's .22 pistol:   

Gunfight scene.  Didn't really pay attention but red hair guy was the same character as BB Saul's gopher?

Todd (El Camino)..... now fat and changed his voice.