Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

6 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Gunfight scene.  Didn't really pay attention but red hair guy was the same character as BB Saul's gopher?

I did not notice that.  Heh.

Todd (El Camino)..... now fat and changed his voice.

You're not the first person I've seen mention that.  Myself, I don't have a problem with fat Todd appearing in El Camino.  I mean, there were a couple of years there where Jesse was kept prisoner.  Todd could've gains weight, and lost weight during that time.  It happens.    

We've been watching Mrs. Maisel on Prime. The whole show is well-made. First season was interesting. But after season two it's really lost its way, and in season three it's just doing stuff to do stuff.

They added a bunch of new characters, they've made what should have been bit parts into major roles, and now we're just trying to figure out the point of the whole thing.

For example, Midge, the main character (Mrs. Maisel), is supposed to go on a European tour opening up for a lounge singer. It's her big break. But for inexplicable reasons we're several episodes into the tour... and it's a US tour. Nothing overseas so far. Extraneous scenes that have nothing to do with anything. One character just swearing up a storm for half an episode for no reason, just to swear.

It's weird.

2 hours ago, NUance said:

You're not the first person I've seen mention that.  Myself, I don't have a problem with fat Todd appearing in El Camino.  I mean, there were a couple of years there where Jesse was kept prisoner.  Todd could've gains weight, and lost weight during that time.  It happens.    

Yeah, age sucks.  Lots of before and present celebrity pictures not recognized at all.  For example ...

Sofia-Vergara-No-Makeup-1.jpg

No clue

and ....

grace-slick-300x194.jpg

Finally got all up to date on Better Call Saul. I thought the first 3 seasons were just okay (a little slow with all the Chuck stuff) but it really hit the Breaking Bad stride in season 4 and s5 has been great thus far.

And I can't believe El Camino got a bad review.:facepalm: Crazy. It totally wraps up the Jesse storyline in BB style.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Finally got all up to date on Better Call Saul. I thought the first 3 seasons were just okay (a little slow with all the Chuck stuff) but it really hit the Breaking Bad stride in season 4 and s5 has been great thus far.

Yeah, I need to revisit Better Call Saul.  I sort of gave up after S4.   Maybe I'll put that one one deck.  (Or would that be "in the hole"?)

And I can't believe El Camino got a bad review.:facepalm: Crazy. It totally wraps up the Jesse storyline in BB style.

Me neither.  It was a different style than BB.  But it wrapped up all the loose ends with Jesse.    Btw, Did you know that Jesse (Aaron Paul) is the voice of Todd on Bojack?  I hadn't realized that, and just found out a couple weeks ago.  Even though I'm sort of a Bojack fan. 

• 3 weeks later...

We're currently binging Marvel movies. I've seen a lot of them but not in order or anything. I'm just honestly not into superhero movies all that much.

That said, we're trying to go mostly in order and most of the "Phase I" movies are on Prime. We did have to rent The Incredible Hulk. I did not remember that Mark Ruffalo was not the original Hulk in that movie; he's a replacement for Edward Norton.

Anyway fun ride so far. I also added Batman v. Superman and Justice League to our DVR last night so we've got a bit of Marvel vs. DC thing going on as well.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, NUance said:

Heh, I'm surprised you didn't like El Camino.  To each his own, I guess.   But wasn't the scene awesome with the ... 

Hide contents

gunfight where Jesse used his grandad's .22 pistol:   

I watched that scene a couple of times, and stopped framed it to see it more carefully.  It turns out that ... 

Spoiler

Jesse actually used the smaller pistol in his pocket for the quickdraw.   He didn't fire his grandad's .22 until the other guy started shooting at him.  The small pistol firing from inside the pocket is what caught his jacket on fire.   Sneaky bastard!  

On 3/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, Danny Bateman said:

We're currently binging Marvel movies. I've seen a lot of them but not in order or anything. I'm just honestly not into superhero movies all that much.

That said, we're trying to go mostly in order and most of the "Phase I" movies are on Prime. We did have to rent The Incredible Hulk. I did not remember that Mark Ruffalo was not the original Hulk in that movie; he's a replacement for Edward Norton.

Anyway fun ride so far. I also added Batman v. Superman and Justice League to our DVR last night so we've got a bit of Marvel vs. DC thing going on as well.

We're kind of doing the same at our house except were doing the bare minimum (in chronological order), just picking up on those we haven't seen yet. Just got through the Ant Man's and Captain Marvel. My goal is to see all priors before finally watching End Game.....so that we can watch the last Spiderman (since it apparently contains spoilers).

3600.jpg?width=1300&quality=85&auto=form

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  This is okay.  Not great, but okay.  Especially if you're a car guy.  

Here's a Guardian article about "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."  LINK   They take a few shots at it.  And at Netflix.   lol

On 3/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, GSG said:

Anybody watch Tiger King yet?

Halfway through the 2nd episode. These are bizarre people.

So far all I've decided is that these private zoos need to be abolished. No person should have 227 tigers on a random plot of land in America.

Also, I had no idea where GW Animal Foundation is - we drove right past it on our way to Dallas a few years ago.