Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I have to concur. I don't know how I made it all the way through the whole series but I did. I wanted to quit watching every step of the way but I guess there was just enough of the "you can't believe how gross/depraved/criminal some people are" to get me through it. Usually in any show you'll find at least one person who you like or seems reasonable or that you can relate to. Not in Tiger King, you won't. I can't recommend that anyone should watch it.

I've heard that by quitting at Episode Three I missed even the worst person on the show. Because apparently there was a worse person than the first three Tiger owners they showed us.

• Plus1 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:26 AM, Danny Bateman said:

I can't bring myself to hop on board the hype train with Tiger King. The GF is currently making her way through it. And we're watching the Marvel movies together chronologically. Just finished Age of Ultron last night.

We finally finished Sons of Anarchy a week or two ago. What a bloody brilliant ride that was.

So what should be next for me?

Some options I'm interested in in no particular order:

• Hunters (New Prime series w/ DeNiro about hunting down Nazis)
  • Jack Ryan
  • The Americans
  • Mad Men
  • Better Call Saul
  • The Wire
  • Sopranos
  • Black Mirror
  • The West Wing
  • Designated Survivor
  • House of Cards
  • The Newsroom

Or maybe I could just go back to watching Mr. Robot.

You've got a pretty good list there. My recommendations in order;

Ozark (if you haven't yet this is numero uno)

Better Call Saul (assuming you've watched BB)

Sopranos (classic that you have to watch)

Black Mirror (pretty trippy)

The Wire (I need to finish it also)

I liked the first 2 or 3 seasons of House of Cards. After that it was a little bleh.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've heard that by quitting at Episode Three I missed even the worst person on the show. Because apparently there was a worse person than the first three Tiger owners they showed us.

I'm not exactly sure who that would be, Jeff Lowe possibly. You probably also missed the CI (confidential informant) that stabbed Joe in the back and thought that made him the hero. Wrong, he was just as creepy and gross as the rest of them. I just finished a bit ago and feel like I need a shower.

I'm watching the Matrix with my ten year old son.  He's into it!  We didn't finish it tonight because he had to go to bed.  But I'm glad he is interested in a classic sci-fi film.  

23 hours ago, NUance said:

I'm watching the Matrix with my ten year old son.  He's into it!  We didn't finish it tonight because he had to go to bed.  But I'm glad he is interested in a classic sci-fi film.  

Oh my god...the worst movie (trilogy???) ever.

Maybe I am not into Sci-Fi enough but good lord it bored me to tears and I LOVE Reeves!  I don't think I ever even understood it.

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe I am not into Sci-Fi enough but good lord it bored me to tears and I LOVE Reeves!  I don't think I ever even understood it.

Yeah, I never was a big fan of The Matrix.  I tried to watch it a couple of times previously, but lost interest.  But my son sort of liked it so I watched the whole thing with him.  And it was good!  

I think he like it because, like all kids, he plays video games.  And the idea that we could all be in a virtual reality that's not real life intrigues him.  

=====================  

btw, He made an interesting observation about the Matrix.  He noted that Neo and the Agents could move faster than bullets.  He asked me why they wouldn't they just throw the bullets instead of shooting them.  lol 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I never was a big fan of The Matrix.  I tried to watch it a couple of times previously, but lost interest.  But my son sort of liked it so I watched the whole thing with him.  And it was good!  

I think he like it because, like all kids, he plays video games.  And the idea that we could all be in a virtual reality that's not real life intrigues him.  

=====================  

btw, He made an interesting observation about the Matrix.  He noted that Neo and the Agents could move faster than bullets.  He asked me why they wouldn't they just throw the bullets instead of shooting them.  lol 

True story...when that movie first came out on DVD my buddy goes "You have to watch it...there are these agents that are hunting down Neo and they do all this badass karate and stuff"

Only...I thought he said "Asians" not agents.

I watched the movie with him and I was like "Where the f#&% were the Asians you were talking about"

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

1 hour ago, NUance said:

=====================  

I love the Matrix trilogy :dunno But I really like sci-fi and not necessarily Keanu Reeves. I rewatch it about once every two years.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I love the Matrix trilogy :dunno But I really like sci-fi and not necessarily Keanu Reeves. I rewatch it about once every two years.

Yeah, I'm pretty into sci-fi as well (even though I hadn't seen The Matrix end-to-end until this past week).   I notice Minority Report is now on Netflix.  I'll try to get my son to watch that too.  I think Minority Report is much better sci-fi than The Matrix. /jmho  

59 minutes ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I'm pretty into sci-fi as well (even though I hadn't seen The Matrix end-to-end until this past week).   I notice Minority Report is now on Netflix.  I'll try to get my son to watch that too.  I think Minority Report is much better sci-fi than The Matrix. /jmho  

Okay, maybe I just actually hate Sci-fi but Minority Report is a great idea for a movie but it just didn't do it for me.  I am starting to think I just don't like movies.  

18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Watched the Good Boys movie on HBO tonight. Very hilarious and also a bit twisted. It's from the creators of Superbad. Sort of the same story in a way but with 12 year olds.  Also reminds of Sandlot and Stranger Things.  Well worth the hour and a half.

We watched this a few weeks ago. It was pretty funny but some of it was kinda cringey 

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Okay, maybe I just actually hate Sci-fi but Minority Report is a great idea for a movie but it just didn't do it for me.  I am starting to think I just don't like movies.  

And you are educating the next generation.  We may be in trouble.  

lol

• Haha 1
Just now, NUance said:

And you are educating the next generation.  We may be in trouble.  

lol

I actually tried to get a History of American Pop Culture approved for next year...where we would have watched 1-2 of the most popular movies from each decade starting with the 1960' up until 2010's.