Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I actually tried to get a History of American Pop Culture approved for next year...where we would have watched 1-2 of the most popular movies from each decade starting with the 1960' up until 2010's.

I like that idea!  Especially if you showed films they might not ordinarily see.  

That would make a good thread.  The two or three movies you'd show from each decade if you were the teacher. 

• Fire 1

Just now, NUance said:

I like that idea!  Especially if you showed films they might not ordinarily see.  

Yeah, I also had a virtual time capsule we were going to do and a "Dress the Decade" day for each of the decades, once again starting with the 1960's.  

We were also going to do music of each decade.

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, I also had a virtual time capsule we were going to do and a "Dress the Decade" day for each of the decades, once again starting with the 1960's.  

We were also going to do music of each decade.

Can I take that class?   I probably have some of that music on cassette and CD.  

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, NUance said:

Can I take that class?   I probably have some of that music on cassette and CD.  

Sadly, it was not picked up for next year...but I think it will be the year after.  It will be pretty popular.  (I think)

interviews with parents about "The 80's" and "90's) in High School...interviews with grandparents about HS in the 70's and stuff.

1 hour ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I'm pretty into sci-fi as well (even though I hadn't seen The Matrix end-to-end until this past week).   I notice Minority Report is now on Netflix.  I'll try to get my son to watch that too.  I think Minority Report is much better sci-fi than The Matrix. /jmho  

Yeah, Minority Report is one of my favorites (even tho it has Tom Cruise in it).

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, Minority Report is one of my favorites (even tho it has Tom Cruise in it).

That's exactly the way I feel.  I don't particularly care for Tom Cruise but he's in quite a few movies that I like.  "Edge of Tomorrow",  "Minority Report",  "A Few Good Men", and others.  

I feel the same way about Kevin Costner.  Don't care for him.  Love his movies.  

Started watching Longmire on Netflix about a week ago. Really like it but having trouble limiting the binge. Already done with the first 3 seasons.....and I’m working full time during quarantine. Was a little late to work a couple days this week because I’ve been up watching too late. Anyway, if you haven’t watched it yet you should.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Started watching Longmire on Netflix about a week ago. Really like it but having trouble limiting the binge. Already done with the first 3 seasons.....and I’m working full time during quarantine. Was a little late to work a couple days this week because I’ve been up watching too late. Anyway, if you haven’t watched it yet you should.

Typical big business owner!  Taking advantage of your peon workers!  Ha

I have nothing knew to watch and it is killing me!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Typical big business owner!  Taking advantage of your peon workers!  Ha

I have nothing knew to watch and it is killing me!  

Yeah I haven’t been super motivated this week. Work has slowed down quite a bit and I’ve been staying up late watching Longmire so it’s been tough dragging my butt in to the office. Maybe I should just setup daily morning Zoom meetings, tell ‘em what to do that day and I’ll stay home........that would work except my wife would kill me in my sleep within a matter of days. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Highly recommend. Real story.  Similar to Making a Murderer series.  Rotten to the core.

Spoiler .....

Four innocent men, 2 cases, two years apart. Both young women victims in small town of Ada, Oklahoma (rape, gruesome murders). Eventually, four wrongfully convicted.

The second case suspects ..... dirt-poor low IQ two teenage kids. Manipulate, coerced, make believe false confessions courtesy of Ada police and DA attorney. Worse than Brendan Dassey confession (Making a Murderer series).