Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Sure you guys are aware that the series was spawned from an original movie created and starring Taika Waititi, who directed Thor Ragnarok and is set to do the next Thor as well...and an untitled Star Wars film.

There's also a spin off about the werewolves from the film called "We're Wolves" that is set to go into production soon.

Can confirm the series is hilarious...film is great too.

Ya I read that there was a movie. Should I watch it first? I'm 3 episodes into the show.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Sure you guys are aware that the series was spawned from an original movie created and starring Taika Waititi, who directed Thor Ragnarok and is set to do the next Thor as well...and an untitled Star Wars film.

There's also a spin off about the werewolves from the film called "We're Wolves" that is set to go into production soon.

Can confirm the series is hilarious...film is great too.

I have not watched the movie. Just picked up a few episodes on hulu. I will watch it now, as I think Taika Waititi is brilliant. 

JoJo Rabbit was a great movie, and Thor Ragnarok was my favorite of the series.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

World's Most Wanted on Netflix.  The White Widow episode was really good.  First episode too about the hunt for El Mayo the chieftan of the Sinaloa cartel.  Great so far.   Well put together and produced also.

I saw this pop up too and it looked really interesting.  I'm sadly saving it for the fall when I'd usually watch NU.

We watched the first episode of "Lovecraft Country" on HBO last night. It's an adaptation of a novel where a young man, his friend, and his uncle are travelling across 1950s Jim Crow American in search of his missing father. They (obviously) encounter a lot of racism but there are also some crazy non-human monsters. The first episode was like Stranger Things on steroids. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Watched it when it was on YouTube.

If you loved the Karate Kid (aka you are a human being with brains) then you'll ABSOLUTELY LOVE Cobra Kai.  I watched it more than once and I loved how they captured the feel of the movie in the series.  Such a great show imho.

Just 3 episodes in and it is awesome.  Really curious where it goes.  If we weren't traveling early in the morning, I would watch the first season tonight.

• Plus1 1