Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just finished season one of Cobra Kai. It is such a well-made show. Perfectly melds the original Karate Kid with modern day. 

Lots of throwbacks, lots of old clips used for the show. 

The plot looks a little like a DNA strand - all interwoven around itself with people going from good guy to bad guy to good guy to bad guy from show to show - sometimes from scene to scene. 

There's a couple other things we want to watch right now, so we're putting Season 2 on hold for a bit, but we're definitely going to watch it.

yeah this show makes me wish when I am remembering past events or having a flashback if you will, that it was in the 3rd person and looked like a movie scene 

Holy crap, I just watched Episode 9 of Cobra Kai (1st season) and am still thinking about it. It is the episode when Johnny shows up to Daniel's house...I don't want to give out any other spoilers but, the way they were able to pack in so much storytelling and roller coasters of character development with most of the main characters into a single episode was incredible. This episode may be some of the best writing I have ever seen for a 23 minute show.

Even if you only casually remember the Karate Kid from the 80s, I highly recommend watching this show. 

• Thanks 1

The perfect companion piece to The Social Dilemma is Agents of Chaos on HBO. I'm only 45 minutes into it but it already has explained so much I didn't really understand about Russian influence and meddling in our election process. So far it seems to be a very evenhanded documentary, presenting facts and not a partisan hack job. It explains how/why Russia got involved in disinformation (Ukraine before our elections) and I think it is headed towards explaining much about the social unrest issues facing the US. I'm beginning to think the whole BLM vs Blue Lives thing has been greatly exaggerated and inflamed by bad actors. I'm also now convinced that Notre Dame Joe is not a real person but a persona created to sow discord. Anyway I would highly recommend watching.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The perfect companion piece to The Social Dilemma is Agents of Chaos on HBO. I'm only 45 minutes into it but it already has explained so much I didn't really understand about Russian influence and meddling in our election process. So far it seems to be a very evenhanded documentary, presenting facts and not a partisan hack job. It explains how/why Russia got involved in disinformation (Ukraine before our elections) and I think it is headed towards explaining much about the social unrest issues facing the US. I'm beginning to think the whole BLM vs Blue Lives thing has been greatly exaggerated and inflamed by bad actors. I'm also now convinced that Notre Dame Joe is not a real person but a persona created to sow discord. Anyway I would highly recommend watching.

Unfortunately no HBO 

We watched The Devil All the Time on Netflix this weekend (Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Bill Skarsgard, just to name a few of the big names in the pretty stellar cast). I very much recommend it with the caveat that you be in the right state of mind for it because there's a lot to process alongside the occasionally dark elements of the story.

The pacing is also a little bit strange at times and sort of makes you wonder where everything is going to fit into itself, but the ending is great.

On 10/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, GSG said:

If you're not familiar with the Watts family murders from a couple years ago here in Colorado

I saw a video circulating on Youtube of somebody who was watching this show. In the video, they're recording their reaction to a scene in the show when they're at the family's home and the father is talking to some camera people. In the background down the hall, you can see movement inside one of the children's bedrooms. Some people think it's ghosts or something like that but I haven't watched the show yet.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I saw a video circulating on Youtube of somebody who was watching this show. In the video, they're recording their reaction to a scene in the show when they're at the family's home and the father is talking to some camera people. In the background down the hall, you can see movement inside one of the children's bedrooms. Some people think it's ghosts or something like that but I haven't watched the show yet.

There have been a couple supposed ghost sightings at the house. There is a video where 2 police women are searching the home with a dog. Supposedly you can see a child standing on the stairs. Then you can hear voices saying "this is our home" and stuff like that. Later the women are going through one of the little girls' closets and you can hear a child giggling but there's no one in the house but the police women. 

EDIT. Found it: 

This should start at the Watts house: