Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, Xmas32 said:

I'm really glad I held off on watching some of the highly acclaimed TV shows of the last 5-10 years as I'm working through a big back log.  

-Mad Men

-Narcos

-Always Sunny

-Peaky Blinders

-Arrested Development and Schitts Creek

-West Wing

Did you end up watching/finishing Peaky Blinders? Just started the first season... 2 1/2 episodes in. Digging it so far.

Also, jealous of you that you were watching Arrested Development. Would love to experience that show again for the first time. The seasons they launched within the last few years were pretty bleh... but the first three seasons were amazing. I've quoted them constantly for years.

Mr. Robot was good. Very glad we finished it. I was legitimately sad to finish that ride. Highly recommended if you're a techie and want a show with equal parts social commentary and realistic dystopia. 

Cobra Kai is very fun so far. We're just through Season 1, though.

I've got two episodes left in Workaholics on Amazon Prime. I remember some of my college buddies used to really like that show. It's a pretty uneven journey. It's probably lost some steam in later seasons. Pretty inconsistent episode to episode which ones I'll find particularly funny. Good mindless comedy when you want to turn the brain off, though.

Watched the first couple episodes of the Shield on Hulu recently. I didn't realize going in how old that show is. I'll probably keep going; seems like a poor man's version of The Wire but I don't have HBO Max. 

On 2/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, Enhance said:

Did you end up watching/finishing Peaky Blinders? Just started the first season... 2 1/2 episodes in. Digging it so far.

Also, jealous of you that you were watching Arrested Development. Would love to experience that show again for the first time. The seasons they launched within the last few years were pretty bleh... but the first three seasons were amazing. I've quoted them constantly for years.

I recently started PB as well but my girlfriend made me stop as this might be one we do together. I was jonesing for something in the SOA vein. 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, Enhance said:

Unfortunately, no I haven't gotten the chance to start it yet but I will!  Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.  I ended up getting a really good deal on Hulu so I've been doing a rewatch of some old FX shows that I really enjoyed the first time around like Man Seeking Woman a really funny absurdist comedy with Jay Baruschel (sp?) as a sad sack guy and Eric Andre is his best friend.  I also tried getting back into Nip/Tuck again a TV show from the mid 2000s about 2 plastic surgeons in Miami.  I enjoyed watching the 1st season but it's quickly gone off the rails.  How this show ended up with 7 seasons is absolutely beyond me.  IIRC it was Ryan Murphy's (Glee, American Horror Story) first TV show.

I'm also a couple episodes in on Your Honor with Bryan Cranston.  It's on Showtime.  Excellent so far.

22 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Unfortunately, no I haven't gotten the chance to start it yet but I will!  Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.  I ended up getting a really good deal on Hulu so I've been doing a rewatch of some old FX shows that I really enjoyed the first time around like Man Seeking Woman a really funny absurdist comedy with Jay Baruschel (sp?) as a sad sack guy and Eric Andre is his best friend.  I also tried getting back into Nip/Tuck again a TV show from the mid 2000s about 2 plastic surgeons in Miami.  I enjoyed watching the 1st season but it's quickly gone off the rails.  How this show ended up with 7 seasons is absolutely beyond me.  IIRC it was Ryan Murphy's (Glee, American Horror Story) first TV show.

I'm also a couple episodes in on Your Honor with Bryan Cranston.  It's on Showtime.  Excellent so far.

Man seeking woman was a super underrated show.  Really funny.

• Plus1 1

Been watching Arrested Development based on some prior mentions in this thread. @Enhance. Good sitcom, funny, seems to get a little predictable at times but am enjoying it. Weird seeing Michael Cera at a younger age than Superbad. Best thing is 21 minute episodes that you can start/stop at any time without feeling compelled to keep watching.

Legend.  On Netflix right now.  The movie is based on the real-life gangster twins Reggie and Ronnie Kray.  Better than Good Fellas, imho.  

NSFW language.  Lots of F-bombs in this clip.  But with that British accent they just don't seem profane.  

Started watching a new series on Netflix called "Behind Her Eyes." It's about a single mother that starts a relationship with her psychiatrist boss but also starts a friendship with his wife. It's started kinda slow but I'm interested to see where it's going. It's listed as a "supernatural psychological thriller."

Also for you Schitt's Creek (and Annie Murphy fans @knapplc)

New AMC series:

• Thanks 1

DIsney+ just put up all 5 seasons of the old Muppet show. Our family loves the Muppets, and being Star Wars fans also, we discovered the episode in Season 4 (early 1980) that starred Luke Skywalker, R2D2, and C3PO (with an appearance by Chewbacca). It is comically bad. Almost as bad as the Star Wars Holiday Special, but more charming because of the Muppets and Mark Hamill's self-awareness. You all gotta watch that episode!

• Fire 1