Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

The Sinner on Netflix is a really good thriller/murder mystery. I'm up to s1 ep5 and can't quit watching. Solid cast, Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel. I guess it's been out for a few years since there are 3 seasons up on Netflix. It reminds me a lot of the first season of True Detective. So far fairly masterful in that it is not predictable at all. Highly recommend and I'll suggest you start it on a weekend rather than a Tuesday night as I'm going to be for sh#t at work tomorrow because I'll likely finish s1 yet tonight.

Started watching "Tell Me Your Secrets" on Amazon the other night. We're enjoying it so far. Here's the premise: 

Tell Me Your Secrets follows "a trio of characters, each with a mysterious and troubling past: Emma (formerly known as Karen Miller) is a woman who once looked into the eyes of a dangerous killer, John is a former serial predator desperate to find redemption, and Mary is a grieving mother obsessed with finding her missing daughter. As each of them is pushed to the edge, the truth about their pasts and motives grows ever murkier, blurring the lines between victim and perpetrator."

If you aren't watching Snowfall on FX, you're missing out.  Season 4 just started up and the first 3 seasons are on Hulu.  It is superb.  Set in 1980s LA and talks about the rise of the crack epidemic.  John Singleton (Boyz N The Hood) created it.  It's gritty, dark, depressing and really freaking good.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm really liking Outlander.  Almost through the first season.

We're a few episodes into Season 2 and we like it. One of my friends gave me several spoilers in about two sentences before I could stop her, so I know this show goes off in a lot of different directions over its four seasons.  

It's interesting how every three or four episodes of S1 they basically change everything up. The season ends very differently from where it started. 

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s been mentioned by others, but Peaky Blinders is pretty damn good.  I’m in the midst of it now and I’m hooked.   

A year or two after it first came out we thought we'd watch one or two episodes just to see what it was about. Now it's probably our favorite show.

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s been mentioned by others, but Peaky Blinders is pretty damn good.  I’m in the midst of it now and I’m hooked.   

What season are you in?  I liked the first season, but lost interest after season two.  I might have to start over and binge the whole thing.  The same happened to me with Breaking  Bad and I loved it.  

27 minutes ago, NUance said:

What season are you in?  I liked the first season, but lost interest after season two.  I might have to start over and binge the whole thing.  The same happened to me with Breaking  Bad and I loved it.  

Finishing season 3 tonight (hopefully). Ditto on Breaking Bad.  

• Plus1 1