Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 1/19/2022 at 7:46 AM, Archy1221 said:

For anyone who watches Dexter, go ahead and skip most of the season and especially especially the final episode.  What a horrible piece of trash writing.  It’s like the writers just gave up and did a season for a money grab.  Such a disappointment.  

Yes the original Dexter series was much better than New Blood. Too much unbelievable stuff and 

Spoiler

his son is such a waste. They pretty much followed the formula but it just didn’t work for this resurrected season.

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

S4 of Ozark is out. Watched ep1 and figured out I need to go back and rewatch s3 first. I don’t know how long it’s been but stuff didn’t seem as familiar as it should have.

We plan to start watching tonight. Thanks for the heads up...we will watch the last couple episodes from S3 first. 

One of my favorite shows.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

We plan to start watching tonight. Thanks for the heads up...we will watch the last couple episodes from S3 first. 

One of my favorite shows.

I think a rewatch of the last couple episodes would be beneficial. We watched 3 eps of s4 and stuff started trickling back but it still felt a bit like I was dropped into the middle of something. Maybe Covid jacked up my memory :lol:

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm really into 1883.  Especially the hot blonde.  She's like a younger, hotter, blonder Jennifer Lawrence.

This is such typical example of toxic masculinity...and i totally agree!

On 1/22/2022 at 11:32 AM, JJ Husker said:

I think a rewatch of the last couple episodes would be beneficial. We watched 3 eps of s4 and stuff started trickling back but it still felt a bit like I was dropped into the middle of something. Maybe Covid jacked up my memory :lol:

Dude, I literally don't remember anything from season 3.  

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2022 at 6:44 PM, GSG said:

Anyone watch Yellowjackets on Showtime? That is some weird wild stuff

I guess that's a no. I'd check it out. It's kinda like Alive (the movie about the rugby players eating each other) but they're a high school girls soccer team and there's something else going on that I haven't fully figured out yet

We started Archive 81 on Netflix. Starting to lose my grip on reality lol

10 minutes ago, GSG said:

I guess that's a no. I'd check it out. It's kinda like Alive (the movie about the rugby players eating each other) but they're a high school girls soccer team and there's something else going on that I haven't fully figured out yet

We started Archive 81 on Netflix. Starting to lose my grip on reality lol

Yellowjackets is on my list. My list is getting too long. Trying to finish a full rewatch of Game of Thrones and I’m also half way through Ray Donovan but needed a break because s#!t just keeps getting worse and worse. Kinda depressing.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yellowjackets is on my list. My list is getting too long. Trying to finish a full rewatch of Game of Thrones and I’m also half way through Ray Donovan but needed a break because s#!t just keeps getting worse and worse. Kinda depressing.

I find it hard to rewatch shows and make it all the way through.  I think one of the few I have done it with is Greek, which was an ABC Family show and clearly should not have been on ABC Family.  I think it is on Freeform now.  It was just an easy watch and one of the few shows that did a good job sort of capturing Greek life.

So, watched S4E1 of Cobra Kai last night. It was pretty much the same plot rehashed over the past three series.

Spoiler

Daniel & Johnny agree to work together, then have a falling out. There's a lot of karate. A small redemption arc. A twist when someone(s) switches sides. A person from the original movie trilogy makes an appearance. 

And like a LOT of shows from the 70s & 80s, if the heroes win the tournament they vanquish the bad guys. 

Not sure if we'll keep watching this season. It was fun to relive the 80s a bit when this started, but this is become a bit to carbon-copy.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:13 PM, JJ Husker said:

This is my complaint too.  There is so much 'can't miss' TV shows that keep coming out that it's frankly impossible to keep up.  It used to be, you'd get one or two legacy shows that would drop each year and it would be terrific.  Now, it seems like there are one or two dropping a week or month and it's overwhelming.  

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

This is my complaint too.  There is so much 'can't miss' TV shows that keep coming out that it's frankly impossible to keep up.  It used to be, you'd get one or two legacy shows that would drop each year and it would be terrific.  Now, it seems like there are one or two dropping a week or month and it's overwhelming.  

Yeah, I’ve got about 4 series going right now. I’d prefer to have only 1 at a time and finish it. But Ray Donovan got a bit too depressing so I needed a break. And I’m also trying to get through the whole original X Files series (and the complete Star Trek universe) but those require some breaks because there is just so much.  7 or 8 episodes of Ozark was perfect :lol:

• Plus1 1

Just watch em one at a time. We only had a free 7 day trial of showtime so we watched 2 episodes of Yellowjackets each night then we were done. Now we're watching 2-3 episodes of Archive 81 each night. 

BTW, if you're not watching Archive 81, put it at or near the top of your list

1 minute ago, GSG said:

Just watch em one at a time. We only had a free 7 day trial of showtime so we watched 2 episodes of Yellowjackets each night then we were done. Now we're watching 2-3 episodes of Archive 81 each night. 

BTW, if you're not watching Archive 81, put it at or near the top of your list

So do you like Archive more than Yellowjackets?  I’m about ready to bump my whole list down and start something more manageable,