Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 4/6/2022 at 10:20 PM, JJ Husker said:

Started watching the HBO series Winning Time: Rise of the Lakers. Enjoying it very much. Was a fan of the Lakers back in the day when it was basically just them and the Celtics. At the time I wasn’t aware of all the behind the scenes stuff and the seedy underbelly of it all. I’m sure it is being over dramatized but it’s a fun watch. However I didn’t realize the whole series was not out so have only got 5 episodes in. Probably won’t finish it until it is complete.

I want to see this.  I wonder how far they will take it?  From my recounts, the team got so sick of Pat Riley's BS and freakish control style, they all wanted out of LA.  This was by the end of the '90 season, and Riley "stepped down".  Mike Dunleavy took over for the 90-91 season.

Can you imagine, seeing the SA Spurs years ago, with guys like Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, etc., saying "either Popovich goes, or I'm out of here!". And after they've been winning together?  

And then in 91-92, magic got HIV.  And Pat Riley went on to the NY Knicks.

But I doubt they go that far, since it's called the rise of the Lakers lol

16 hours ago, admo said:

I want to see this.  I wonder how far they will take it?  From my recounts, the team got so sick of Pat Riley's BS and freakish control style, they all wanted out of LA.  This was by the end of the '90 season, and Riley "stepped down".  Mike Dunleavy took over for the 90-91 season.

Can you imagine, seeing the SA Spurs years ago, with guys like Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, etc., saying "either Popovich goes, or I'm out of here!". And after they've been winning together?  

And then in 91-92, magic got HIV.  And Pat Riley went on to the NY Knicks.

But I doubt they go that far, since it's called the rise of the Lakers lol

Yeah, I'm 4 or 5 episodes in and Riley hasn't even coached a game yet.:lol:  I doubt they'll make it to the end of Riley's time there.

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I'm 4 or 5 episodes in and Riley hasn't even coached a game yet.:lol:  I doubt they'll make it to the end of Riley's time there.

lol OK good to know!  I will def binge watch it when it's all said and done!  I'm like you, I can't go week to week

• Oh Yeah! 1

Speaking of binge watching, this is an 8 episode story of 1977 with the new york yankees.  It's called "The Bronx is Burning"

Oliver Platt is amazing as George Steinbrenner, and John Turturro is incredible as Billy Martin.  They both pull you in, every episode.  I highly recommend it for a light, interesting short series, nested in NY.  Plus, it's fascinating to see that money, life and sport was so much different in the mid-late 70's than today.  Give it a try, or watch it ever few years like I do.  

• Fire 1