Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 1/14/2023 at 6:02 PM, Archy1221 said:

You will definitely enjoy the rest of the season. 

Yep, enjoyed the rest of s1. Was hoping the complete s2 was available but looks like Showtime is dropping an episode per week. Prob just wait til the whole season is out. I can’t do the week to week thing anymore.

Watched The Menu on HBO Max. I liked it and want to recommend it but you may not experience similar results :lol:  My wife didn’t like it and a guy at work I told to watch said he wanted 1 hr 45 minutes of his life back. It’s a little different but, like I said, I liked it. It’s definitely not boring.

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Watched The Menu on HBO Max. I liked it and want to recommend it but you may not experience similar results :lol:  My wife didn’t like it and a guy at work I told to watch said he wanted 1 hr 45 minutes of his life back. It’s a little different but, like I said, I liked it. It’s definitely not boring.

It was not at all what I expected and it was definitely...interesting but worth the watch none the less, IMO.

• Oh Yeah! 1

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve seen Nope, Maverick and Glass Onion. Did not care for Nope, seems to be way over rated. It was just a much inferior “Signs” knockoff. Maverick was good and Glass Onion should be rated higher. Going to watch Banshees of Inisherin this weekend…against my better instincts. I caught the first 20 minutes a few days ago and it was like watching paint dry, but wife said it ended up having some funny spots so gonna give it another go. Not sure I’ve even heard of the others on that list. Too often the ones the critics like pretty much suck.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve seen Nope, Maverick and Glass Onion. Did not care for Nope, seems to be way over rated. It was just a much inferior “Signs” knockoff. Maverick was good and Glass Onion should be rated higher. Going to watch Banshees of Inisherin this weekend…against my better instincts. I caught the first 20 minutes a few days ago and it was like watching paint dry, but wife said it ended up having some funny spots so gonna give it another go. Not sure I’ve even heard of the others on that list. Too often the ones the critics like pretty much suck.

I watched Glass Onion last weekend.  I thought it was good.  But, there's just something wrong with Daniel Craig having a southern accent.  Had a hard time with that.

Movie critics are so fake.  

Same with Oscar voters.  They try to protect what they do for a living so they don't actually give their reasons for what they do (sort of like HR workers)

They are so worried to admit that popular movies are Oscar worthy and worthy of their precious "stars" so they create a fake way of doing things. 

• Fire 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I watched Glass Onion last weekend.  I thought it was good.  But, there's just something wrong with Daniel Craig having a southern accent.  Had a hard time with that.

I assume you have also watched Knives Out? Yeah Daniel Craig with that accent is a bit weird.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Movie critics are so fake.  

Same with Oscar voters.  They try to protect what they do for a living so they don't actually give their reasons for what they do (sort of like HR workers)

They are so worried to admit that popular movies are Oscar worthy and worthy of their precious "stars" so they create a fake way of doing things. 

I’m not sure what criteria they use. It sure isn’t what is interesting and watchable in most cases. Seems they tend to like things based on social statements, disabilities and the race of those involved. So pretty much backasswards of what the normal person wants.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1