Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

While we are not on the topic at all...how come there are no Shark Tank spinoffs?

The show format is super easy...why not do one where only kids can go on or only women or only men or whatever.  

There's some real estate show on Netflix that has a similar setup. We tried to watch it but I almost slit my wrists cuz it was so douchey

Edit: It's called Buy My house

Edited by GSG
  • Haha 1

Actually, Banshees of Inisherin was very good. I guess the critics got one right. It’s a dark tragedy/comedy. Excellent acting turns by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson (mad eye mooney).  I wouldn’t have guessed that Farrell was capable of that role.  I’m no movie expert but I’d say the direction and score were also excellent and the cinematography/photography were done well.  It’s no Marvel action movie by any means, slow paced and few characters set on a remote, desolate island off of Ireland. The accents made some of the dialogue hard to follow so I turned on the CC.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I had to read up on the battles in Ireland that the Banshees movie were speaking to - very deep.   I loved the cops kid and his scene with the sister is one of the better acted scenes on the books this year.

Yes all of the acting was very good/excellent. Farrell just stuck out to me because my mental image of him is similar to his roles in Minority Report or The Recruit and this was not anything like that.

• Plus1 1

The Pale Blue Eye movie on Netflix is pretty good. A little different gothic thriller murder mystery set at West Point in the early 1800s. Starring Christian Bale. Has some nice little twists and turns. The story involves Edgar Allen Poe who coincidentally did attend the Military Academy in the time period involved. It’s worth a couple hours of your time.

• Plus1 1
On 1/11/2023 at 9:58 PM, JJ Husker said:

Wednesday ended up being worth it. Fun little short series. Jenna Ortega kills it.

I just finished this over the weekend. Really good, well-made show. I'm glad they're doing more seasons. 

They need to have more screen time for Catherine Zeta-Jones. She kills it as Morticia. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I just finished this over the weekend. Really good, well-made show. I'm glad they're doing more seasons. 

They need to have more screen time for Catherine Zeta-Jones. She kills it as Morticia. 

Zeta-Jones must have gotten a new agent or something. I haven't seen her do anything for years, but now she pops up on two new series. Wednesday is very clever and entertaining. CZJ is also the bad guy in a new National Treasure series on Disney+. However, that show is terrible. My family loves the National Treasure movies, but we only watched a couple episodes of the new series. It is garbage.

Disney has been trying to shoehorn too many of its profitable franchises into lackluster series for their streaming service. Willow sucks. The Marvel and Star Wars content is hit or miss. Every new Simpsons short is an abomination of sadness.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Finally getting into Yellowstone and...it's ok? I didn't know I'd have to suspend this much disbelief over a show about a cattle ranch in Montana, but it's got its decent parts. 

So true!

And I finished up Wednesday, it is pretty good.  It might be more believable than Yellowstone!