Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Dr. Strangelove. An oldie, but a goodie. Truly a classic.

Watched that for the first time a couple months ago. Definitely different but definitely entertaining.

I watched it but a long long time ago. I think I vaguely remember showing a redneck guy riding a nuclear bomb in flight. Right? Or perhaps different movie

Yeah, Slim Pickens. He was the most competent character in the film. :lol:

Dr. Strangelove. An oldie, but a goodie. Truly a classic.

Watched that for the first time a couple months ago. Definitely different but definitely entertaining.

I watched it but a long long time ago. I think I vaguely remember showing a redneck guy riding a nuclear bomb in flight. Right? Or perhaps different movie

Yeah, Slim Pickens. He was the most competent character in the film. :lol:

Tonight, I rewatched it. Mostly black comedy/satire film but some parts, serious.....thinker. B/W film :dunno . I'm surprised B52 cockpit layout was pretty accurate. Below deck, radar bombardier (young James Earl Jones) and navigator side-by-side. And upper deck, pilots and reverse seats, EWO and radar gunner (enlisted).

Someday, could be tomorrow or 30 years in the future, Ruskie or U.S. wacko and screw-loose sub captain and crew will launch a nuclear weapons attack. 16 or more independent missile tubes with MIRV warheads. 3 to 4 thousands times stronger than Hiroshima bomb per one sub. We got fourteen nuclear missiles subs. Honestly, cold war is still alive.

Wargames, Red October, Crimson Tide films.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else here ever have problems with Netflix's audio getting out of synch with the video? It sometimes happens to me. But if I back out of the show to the display menu and then start the show again it generally goes away. Tonight however the audio/video problem is the worst it's ever been. Within ten seconds of watching the show it gets a couple seconds out of synch. For kicks I let it run for a couple of minutes and the audio got nearly 20 seconds ahead of the video. Not sure what the problem is, but it's unwatchable. : /

edit: The problem seems specific to a particular show. In this case, House is the show that's f'ing up. Other shows seems to play okay.

Anyone else here ever have problems with Netflix's audio getting out of synch with the video? It sometimes happens to me. But if I back out of the show to the display menu and then start the show again it generally goes away. Tonight however the audio/video problem is the worst it's ever been. Within ten seconds of watching the show it gets a couple seconds out of synch. For kicks I let it run for a couple of minutes and the audio got nearly 20 seconds ahead of the video. Not sure what the problem is, but it's unwatchable. : /

edit: The problem seems specific to a particular show. In this case, House is the show that's f'ing up. Other shows seems to play okay.

It's a new show to Netflix IIRC, they must be still working some bugs out.

I'm thinking that will be my next show to watch once I get done with Breaking Bad.