Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Not sure if this is on Netflix or Prime or what, we've been watching it on HBO On Demand but, True Blood is pretty good.. Didn't think I'd like a vampire show but it is quite funny and they come up with some crazy sh#t. I'm a few episodes into season 5. Going to try The Wire next.

• Fire 1

The Time Machine (2002). Mostly poor critics and fairly low IMDb rating but I liked it anyway. Remake in 1960 Time Machine movie but slightly different plot. 2002 version was more subplots and damn interesting.

Alexander is a scientist and inventor living at 1899 in New York City. Obsessed with the idea of time travel, he teaches at Columbia University and pen pal of young Albert Einstein. As he goes to the park to meet his longtime sweetheart, he finally proposes to Emma. However, a robber suddenly emerges from nearby bushes and holds a gun on them. Alexander tries to intervene but unfortunately during the struggle, the gun goes off and Emma is fatally shot, dying in Alexander's arms. For the next four years, heart broken Alexander spends every waking hour in his laboratory, he finally succeeds in building a working time machine by searching of past history changers, in particular, save Emma. Disenchanted with the time machine 1899 trip, he decides to go forward in time to find out if there are any answers in the future. The inventor thoughts, "what if ?"

The time travel settings was 1899, 1903, 2030, 2037 .... armageddon year courtesy of humans, and eventually traveled to 802,701 A.D. by mistake. In year 802,701, human race was still around but almost extinct and apparently only one colony for the entire planet. Reverted to a primitive lifestyle; cliff-hanging dwellers colony in Hudson river valley. Peaceful, hard working chores and simple tools like canoe boats, lanterns, ropes, windmills, etc. No laws and absent leaders, no fighting each other yet advance communication skills including a couple of people fluent in English language. No trace for past civilized world i.e. no buildings, statues, dams, roads, vehicles except fragments of empire state building plaque, subway station sign and N.Y. Public Library buried underground .... still works in super computer holographic, artificially intelligent librarian :o. Another evolution species called "Morlocks". Ape-like mutants, huge muscles and man-eaters monsters led by one intelligent and telepath evil humanoid (Uber-Morlock). Actually, Morlocks are the ancient descendants of the humans ..... subspecies and split homo sapiens evolution tree. After all morlocks & Uber dies in underground battle, Alexander finally accepting that he can never save Emma and thus destroyed time machine.

Sorry, no sex scenes and no profanity at all for the entire movie. Very rare now days. Probably chick flicks lovers hate the movie because no sex scenes.

Time_machine.jpg Morlocks The-Time-Machine-2002_4082_4.jpg

Uber Morlock timemachine.jpg Inventor & librarian (2030) 48144.gif

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Twelve Years a Slave is available on HBO Go. Tough to watch . . . but a really good movie.

Funny (odd funny) you should say this. I started watching this a couple days ago. The situation seemed so realistic that I found it sort of disturbing. I quit watching after an hour or so. But it did seem like a good movie. I'll eventually go back and watch it.

Just started watching The Blacklist. The first episode was pretty good.

Second season starts next week. First season was pretty good.

Wow, second season already. I thought that series was pretty new.

/ Now that I look it up, I see it's been on NBC for a year. Netflix just picked it up.