Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

the-blacklist.jpg

Just started watching The Blacklist. The first episode was pretty good.

I've watched several episodes of this. It's hard to watch though. It's so far fetched and there are just so many plot inconsistencies and loose ends. It takes a lot of suspension of disbelief. It is sort of entertaining though.

I've watched several episodes of this. It's hard to watch though. It's so far fetched and there are just so many plot inconsistencies and loose ends. It takes a lot of suspension of disbelief. It is sort of entertaining though.

Yeah, not a great show but fairly entertaining. Just don't expect the loose ends/inconsistencies to get better. :o

Yeah, not a great show but fairly entertaining. Just don't expect the loose ends/inconsistencies to get better. :o

Doesn't it piss you off when there is a great idea for a show and then they can't seem to transfer it to television? I mean, a premise like this should not have the criticism's that it does.

Doesn't it piss you off when there is a great idea for a show and then they can't seem to transfer it to television? I mean, a premise like this should not have the criticism's that it does.

Yeah, it really is a great premise for a show. It's still entertaining despite the loose ends and all.

lawless-620x311.jpg

Lawless

Just watched "Lawless", a movie about three Virginia bootleggers from the 1930s, the Bondurant brothers, The movie is historical fiction based on the book, "The Wettest County in the World" (2008) by Matt Bondurant. One of the better movies I've seen on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

Every Netflix TV Series Sorted by IMDB Ranking LINK

1. Breaking Bad

2. Sherlock

3. Firefly

4. Arrested Development

5. House of Cards

6. Dexter

and about 350 others...

Not sure how recent this list is. Might be from August 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie 2002 remake via online streaming.

Good lord, the WORST movie I've ever seen. I enjoyed original version but 2002 remake ....... beyond terrible.

BTW, I noticed another remake, Carrie 2013. Good or bad (again)?

I've seen the original and the 2013. I thought the original was a comedy. The new one was a lot different. Still not scary.

Carrie 2002 remake via online streaming.

Good lord, the WORST movie I've ever seen. I enjoyed original version but 2002 remake ....... beyond terrible.

BTW, I noticed another remake, Carrie 2013. Good or bad (again)?

I've seen the original and the 2013. I thought the original was a comedy. The new one was a lot different. Still not scary.

Really? I agree not scary but comedy? I thought perfect casts ..... Carrie's mother (Piper Laurie) and perhaps Sissy Spacek and John Travolta (minor role).

I looked up IMDb review ratings .....

• Original: 7.6
  • 2013 version: 6.0
  • 2002 version: 5.5 ..... I'm surprised those ratings. I thought 3.0 or lower.

My favorite Carrie movie quote .......

Margaret White: I should've killed myself when he put it in me. After the first time, before we were married, Ralph promised never again. He promised, and I believed him. But sin never dies. Sin never dies. At first, it was all right. We lived sinlessly. We slept in the same bed, but we never did it. And then, that night, I saw him looking down at me that way. We got down on our knees to pray for strength. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it! With all that dirty touching of his hands all over me. I should've given you to God when you were born, but I was weak and backsliding, and now the devil has come home. We'll pray.

• 2 weeks later...

Snowpiercer-poster.jpg

Watched Snowpiercer last night. Dystopian flick about all of remaining humanity riding around and around the globe on a train. Mostly about the caste system on the train, which I guess is a metaphor for the caste systems in society. It was an okay movie. Quite unique. But the engineer in me just can't dismiss the implausibility of a train continuing to operate for 20 years with no outside maintenance.