Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 2:04 AM, Michiganball said:

Just binged Killing Eve, definitely deserved the accolades. Spy thriller, assassins, bit of a dark comedy and fairly brutal. Great camera work, good writing. One of those shows that gets better and better with each episode.

Btw we have all seen some girls plays psychopaths or bad girls, but this to me is the most chilling.

First two episodes on demand now, and Hulu just got all of first season.  Good time for me to have 6 days off! 

Recently binged the first two seasons of The Handmaid’s Tale. Thought it was excellent but I really like dystopian future stuff. This is not a feel good show with happy endings. It is like a combination of 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and Hunger Games. I wish I would’ve read the book first but am starting to read it now.

Also just discovered that Letterkenny is now on Hulu. I find it very funny. I had previously watched the first two seasons through illicit means since the Canadian series was not previously available to US viewers. Try it, you’ll probably like it.....or you won’t. You’ll know soon enough after an episode or two.

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

FIFY. 

Ehhh, Season 2 was pretty good too.  I tried like heck to watch Season 6 and couldn't get past the first couple episodes.

Also trying to avoid all spoilers for the new Black Mirror movie so staying away from YouTube.  I feel like I need to mentally psyche myself up to watch and need a therapist to call after I get done with it.  

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I feel like I need to mentally psyche myself up to watch and need a therapist to call after I get done with it.  

Good plan. Seriously, have that therapist ready to go on speed dial. I just watched it and can't even begin to describe the mind f*** it is.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:16 PM, Xmas32 said:

Ehhh, Season 2 was pretty good too.  I tried like heck to watch Season 6 and couldn't get past the first couple episodes.

First two seasons are great. After Frank finally became President, the show got very aimless. I still watched, but none of the other seasons were as fun as the first two. 

• Plus1 1

Watched the first 8 episode season of Killing Eve on Hulu. Not real sure how I feel about it. On one hand it was entertaining enough and worth the time. On the other hand, it just seemed off. Maybe it was the British influence but things didn't seem to go right and most of the characters just didn't behave like you would expect normal people to act. It's kind of nice for something different but also makes the whole deal a little disjointed. I guess I would recommend it. You won't feel like you wasted your time but you'll have plenty of wtf are they thinking/doing moments.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, JJ Husker said:

Watched the first 8 episode season of Killing Eve on Hulu. Not real sure how I feel about it. On one hand it was entertaining enough and worth the time. On the other hand, it just seemed off. Maybe it was the British influence but things didn't seem to go right and most of the characters just didn't behave like you would expect normal people to act. It's kind of nice for something different but also makes the whole deal a little disjointed. I guess I would recommend it. You won't feel like you wasted your time but you'll have plenty of wtf are they thinking/doing moments.

Finished it last night and i would say you’re spot on!

4 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Finished it last night and i would say you’re spot on!

Can you believe Sandra Oh won a golden globe for her acting in that? I mean I liked her and all and she did about as good as she could’ve with the writing and direction, but an award....