Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Can you believe Sandra Oh won a golden globe for her acting in that? I mean I liked her and all and she did about as good as she could’ve with the writing and direction, but an award....

Maybe Congress should launch one of their meaningless investigations into this. :lol:

On 1/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Watched a couple seasons of Ozark i thought it was pretty good.

Big little lies -  liked it  (hbo go )

Sharp objects - liked it ( hbo go ) 

Sinner - liked it 

Unabomber - meh

Bloodline - couldn’t do it 

Handmaids tale - super depressing couldn’t do it 

Which season of The Sinner? Season 1 was pretty good, but I haven't watched season 2 yet.

Finished up the 3 seasons of 'Frontier' last night (Season 4 will be the last i guess). It didn't have very good reviews, but I gave it shot anyways since I've always been interested in the frontier/push westward. I thought it was really good. Multiple story lines, a good balance of bloodshed and love, and from what I gathered, loosely based on real events. Highly recommend it if your interested in early America (or if you're a lady, Jason Momoa). :D

YOU...it is really freaking good.

I love how shows/movies are getting smart about how to use cell phones and technology.  When cell phones first became a thing they ruined horror movies and the only answers were the old "I don't have service" or "I lost my phone"

But now writers are getting creative and using cells/apps/social media to their advantage.  

Streaming giant increases subscription prices

The increases are effective immediately for new subscribers, and will be phased in over three months for current customers. A single subscription will cost $9, up from $8; the HD streaming on up to two Internet-connected devices at the same time plan will cost $13, up from $11; the four-subscriber plan will cost $16, up from $14.

As Deadline reports, the price hike is the fourth for the streaming company. The most recent hike was in 2017.

The price jump comes as Netflix continues to lure away talent from the TV cable networks, and ramps up production on series and movies. Competition is likely to increase as more companies get into the streaming act. Set to join Netflix, Hulu and Amazon in the near future are new streaming services from Apple, Disney, WarnerMedia and NBCUniversal.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, teachercd said:

I love how shows/movies are getting smart about how to use cell phones and technology.  When cell phones first became a thing they ruined horror movies and the only answers were the old "I don't have service" or "I lost my phone"

But now writers are getting creative and using cells/apps/social media to their advantage.  

I tried to watch this, watched about half of the first episode and couldn't stand the main guy's voice as he was narrating the story.  His voice just grates me for some reason.  Which is disappointing because the premise seems like this would be a fun show to watch.

42 minutes ago, sho said:

I tried to watch this, watched about half of the first episode and couldn't stand the main guy's voice as he was narrating the story.  His voice just grates me for some reason.  Which is disappointing because the premise seems like this would be a fun show to watch.

Ha...that sucks!

On 1/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, teachercd said:

I tried watching it with my wife and could only stand about 15 minutes of it, but she seems to really like it.

19 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Started watching Fyre Festival.

A buddy of mine recommended this to me and gave me sort of a brief overview. It sounds fascinating, bordering on unbelievable. I'm excited to see it.

I started watching a new show I didn't think I would like, and I don't really enjoy it necessarily, but it's sort of intriguing nonetheless. I watched one episode of Tidying Up and the host is... oddly riveting. She's so positive and happy, and the way she approaches organization and cleanliness in a house is unique... almost spiritual.

But, also, she has a badass way of organizing clothes in a drawer that I may or may not have spent an hour doing after the show....

75% of the way through Punisher Season 2.  Can confirm still awesome.  Disclaimer, the show is graphically violent and not for the squeamish.  They essentially found a female version of Micro which is hilarious as much like Micro, initially is extremely grating and unlikable.  Straightforward action show, not too much deep thinking.  If you like the Punisher and vigilante justice you'll like it, if that stuff isn't your cup of tea you should pass.