Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

46 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ken Jeong standup is not funny. Not sure how he got a Netflix special. Generally like the guy in movies but not his standup shtick. Don't waste the hour.

Stand up is such a different animal.  Like that thread we started on comedians...Andrew Dice Clay was one of the biggest in the world for what, 2 years?  Then basically gone.

Orville is great, Seth is clearly a genius in his field.

I also want to watch Studio 54, I can only imagine the stories of that place!

On 3/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, JJ Husker said:

Ken Jeong standup is not funny. Not sure how he got a Netflix special. Generally like the guy in movies but not his standup shtick. Don't waste the hour.

On the flip side the new John Mulaney stand up special is fantastic.

Started up a Black Mirror re-watch.  Man...I can't watch more than 2 every couple days.  Just got through the episode with the bees.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Watched Studio 54...I had no idea it was only around for 3 years...

Also watched season 5 of breaking bad...good lord is that bad.

Yeah, Studio 54 only being a thing for less than 3 years was the most surprising thing I learned.

And you're now dead to me :lol: Breaking Bad (all seasons) is awesome. The worst part is about s2 when his wife is being a whiny biatch. And I didn't particularly care for the storyline involving the affair with her boss but other than that, TV doesn't get any better. Think I'll watch it again....for the 4th or 5th time.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, Studio 54 only being a thing for less than 3 years was the most surprising thing I learned.

And you're now dead to me :lol: Breaking Bad (all seasons) is awesome. The worst part is about s2 when his wife is being a whiny biatch. And I didn't particularly care for the storyline involving the affair with her boss but other than that, TV doesn't get any better. Think I'll watch it again....for the 4th or 5th time.

The 5th season is like MacGyver on steroids!   

And yes, any scene with the wife was basically the worst.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, JJ Husker said:

We watched this as well. To me it was mostly just him name-dropping all the famous people he's worked with. LAME

9 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Although he's not in the show that often (and you don't see his face, even though it's the same guy that plays wayne), I think Shoresy might be my favorite character.

Shoresy has the best one-liners.

Give yer balls a tug ya titf#@ker :lol:

• Haha 2

Just watched Triple Frontier.  Absolutely loaded cast with Oscar Isaac, Affleck, Charlie Hunnum, Garrett Hedlund and Pedro Pascal.  I'm a sucker for heist movies because I love the scenes where they put the gang together.  The pacing is certainly different then your usual heist movie which was a cool twist.  8/10 for me.