Watched Class Action Park. It was pretty crazy

You'll have to pay for this one but I can't recommend it enough

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What in the hell is wrong with you?   Breaking Bad is the best TV show of all time. If you want a show that is exciting and has constant turns go find a soap opera.   This boggles

I'm almost ashamed to post this but I finally got around to watching Breaking Bad.  Holy.  Crap.  It was stupendous.  I immediately fired up Better Call Saul afterwards.

Posted Images

Watched most of this tonight with my wife

Pretty sad and pretty f#&%ing scary

ETA: I missed the first half, but this show is basically interviewing all of these tech people, many of whom were creators/developers of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and how they've come to realize that the technologies have turned people and their minds into a currency. They talk a lot about how there is so much false information out there and how the algorithms spread false information at 6x the rate of factual info. They talk about how this leads to radicalization of the populace. It's a little terrifying. I actually deleted Facebook after we finished it. 

Edited by GSG
  • Plus1 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, GSG said:

ETA: I missed the first half, but this show is basically interviewing all of these tech people, many of whom were creators/developers of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and how they've come to realize that the technologies have turned people and their minds into a currency. They talk a lot about how there is so much false information out there and how the algorithms spread false information at 6x the rate of factual info. They talk about how this leads to radicalization of the populace. It's a little terrifying. I actually deleted Facebook after we finished it. 

Much obliged for posting @GSG, trailer looks very interesting.  I'll definitely check this out.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, GSG said:

11 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Much obliged for posting @GSG, trailer looks very interesting.  I'll definitely check this out.

I watched it tonight. This is mandatory viewing for anyone who wants to see the human race survive for at least a few more generations. That may be a little hyperbolic....but maybe not.

I've been saying for quite awhile that social media, smart phones etc. are significantly negatively impacting society. I had no idea how correct I was or how much I was underestimating their influence. Kind of, no not kind of, really scary stuff. This show explains so much of what is obviously wrong with society today. So much. Watch it.

• Thanks 1

We watched tonight as well.

I knew that there were some screwy things going on with social manipulation and Big Tech, but I didn't know how deep the rabbithole went.

Really severely tempted to nuke my Facebook now. Only reason I have kept it is it is the only way I can get ahold of some folks (i.e., high school), not that I'm ever on there anyway.

Also, really underscores how much I can't stand Zuckerberg. He's destroying governments, destabilizing countries and engineering other social unrest (like radicalizing the Pizzagate and QAnon nutjobs) and he DOES NOT CARE. He's a psychopath. Anybody who thinks he's going to take any responsibility for any of this or do anything to reform things other than keep raking in cash is fooling themselves.

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I started to watch it but I sort of got bored with it.  

I do agree that Zuckerberg is weird!

ZUCK WANTS YOU TO GET BORED WITH IT.  SKYNET HAS WON!

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I started to watch it but I sort of got bored with it.  

I do agree that Zuckerberg is weird!

Get some Adderall or whatever from your students and FOCUS! 

• Haha 4

Watched the first two episodes of Cobra Kai last night. It's really good. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Watched the first two episodes of Cobra Kai last night. It's really good. 

It is awesome.  They did a great job with that series.  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

It is awesome.  They did a great job with that series.  

I'm impressed they've been able to recreate the feel of the movie so exactly. 

RIP Johnny's sweet car, though. That was an unhappy event.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, GSG said:

I watched this last night. Scary stuff indeed. I too noted the targeting of misinformation, to include "suggesting" to the user other sites that also spread falsehoods. I was shocked to here them say that Twitter was actually the worst offender :o with Facebook right up there as well :dunno

@GSG @DevoHusker  @teachercd  @Xmas32  @Danny Bateman

I’ll never view my Google news or Facebook feeds the same.

I rarely check in on Facebook any more but I felt the need to today after watching Social Dilemma. And typically I’ll check the Google feed on my phone a few times a day to see what’s up. Today I actually pictured those 3 guys back there controlling what I was seeing. Kinda creeped me out :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

@GSG @DevoHusker  @teachercd  @Xmas32  @Danny Bateman

I’ll never view my Google news or Facebook feeds the same.

I rarely check in on Facebook any more but I felt the need to today after watching Social Dilemma. And typically I’ll check the Google feed on my phone a few times a day to see what’s up. Today I actually pictured those 3 guys back there controlling what I was seeing. Kinda creeped me out :lol:

For the past couple years I've only been checking Facebook maybe once or twice a week. After watching the doc, I opened up my feed and saw few 20-paragraph religious proclamations, a few virus conspiracies, and a bunch of political crap. That wasn't why I joined Facebook back in college. I haven't deactivated my account but I deleted the app and removed the Facebook page from my mobile browser. 

YouTube is my real problem, but I don't seek out anything related to conspiracies or politics on there. It's mostly music, fails, TV/movies, ghost videos, and workout videos. Having said that, it's super easy to watch one or two and then all of the sudden I've watched 8 or 9. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, GSG said:

YouTube is my real problem, but I don't seek out anything related to conspiracies or politics on there. It's mostly music, fails, TV/movies, ghost videos, and workout videos. Having said that, it's super easy to watch one or two and then all of the sudden I've watched 8 or 9. 

My Thursday golf league partner is the same. He says he intends to watch some specific YouTube clip/channel and the next thing he knows, an hour or 2 has gone by

• Plus1 1